Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Hole too small

ILfisher

• View Profile
May we all have this problem, this Ice season.

Minnowhead

• View Profile
 ;D
Throwing ice cubes in the lake all summer long!

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
Ive had this problem since high school.  ;D ;D ;D
Tim Smith (HardWaterJunkie)

Check out www.HalesSinkerSupply.com for all of your fishing sinker needs. Over 15 different types of sinkers and jigs in sizes from 1/100oz. to 4 lb. Make sure to ask about our custom built rods. From ice-fishing to off-shore we build them all. Message me for quotes

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
I have an old 4" Strikemaster Mora Auger and love using it.  It's certainly easier to hand drill a hole in comparison to my 8" Strikemaster Lazer.  I've pulled 27" Channel Cats thru a 4" hole with no problems.
We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
I've had that problem more than once!  ;D  Usually with crappies...its a family site, other jokes aside. ;D  But the 16 1/2 inch crappie I caught wouldn't fit thru my 8" hole, had to double drill while being careful not to cut my line.  The fish was 9 1/4 inches tall.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
wow im suprised you pulled off the double drill deal. if i tried that it would have ended bad, i know it was hard pulling an 8 lb trout thru an 8 inch hole , i usually carry a small gaf with me so it was the only way i got that fish home...hahah
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
I had help.  My dad held my pole and protected the line while I drilled.  Yet another good reason to have a partner on the ice! ;D
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

Vexilar