Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Rumors abound...

Salmonid

• View Profile
I heard two different rumors of ice with people out on it  in Central Ohio, can anyone elaborate?? Ive got a itch to scratch and I couldnt fgo to Alum today so Im loaded up with full ice gear gonna go do a big drive tomorrow and do my best to substantiate  if these rumors are true...LOL Tin Guppy may be tagging along, if we find anything, Ill be sending him out first..Ha ha

Salmonid

Luvztaphish

• Please help keep our waterways clean .
    • View Profile

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
There are guys out, but safety is marginal at best.  Trust me, going thru is miserable and not worth it.  Done it twice, wait a day or two and be safe.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

Salmonid

• View Profile
well we ( Tin Guppy and his buddy Steve and myself) checked several places, some local ponds, Kiser and Indian at Moundwood, nada....then made our way over to Long Island and the secret was out, at least 60 folks out on about a 1 acre area, LOL caught a few gills and small bass and perch but nothing to write homabout. Ice was about 3" in that small area and as we left, some idiot walked through a soft slushy spot versus the trail everyone was using around the soft mushy spot and he went through about 30 ft from the road, Duhhh, of course it was all of about 2 ft deep there so no real problem and hoardes of folks around, hell I had to park about 400 yards from the entrance. The rest of the lake is still 1-2" at best so it will be at least several more days with the slushy snow coating on top of the ice, it was grey ice everywhere so things should be much better by next weekend so keep watching the reports and please stay safe....

Salmonid

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
We are so close,it's not worth the risk,it won't be long till safe I've.
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

Vexilar