Ice Fish Ohio Forum

ice report 12/31/2012

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
The channel is completely open.  I'd say 80% of the lake is open water.  Which is good, the cold temps this week will make good, clear ice.  The lake should freeze up nicely for the walleye tournament on the 10th of Feb.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
I stopped out at A&C today to see chuck and the entire main lake was open water with a heavy chop. There was some shove ice piled up by 224 but that is not good ice. I think it will be at least a week or 2 before the ice is safe on the old road bed as long as the temps stay below freezing and drops to around single digits at night. Just pray that the winds die down and the temps drop lower. And if anybody is out that way make sure you stop into A&C and see Chuck. He as some great deals on some HT flip over shantys and Shappell sleds if you are looking for either. Also has a new vex for a good price there if anybody is looking for a flasher. He can also point you in the right direction when the ice comes for good fishing spots on the lake.
Tim Smith (HardWaterJunkie)

Check out www.HalesSinkerSupply.com for all of your fishing sinker needs. Over 15 different types of sinkers and jigs in sizes from 1/100oz. to 4 lb. Make sure to ask about our custom built rods. From ice-fishing to off-shore we build them all. Message me for quotes

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Thanks, Tim.  Almost stopped there today.  Thinking about one of those 1 man shanties.  Most times I'm by myself and my big 2-3 man Frabill gets heavy and cumbersome sometimes.  The one man would be nice to "throw and go."  Makes solo fishing much easier.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

Vexilar