Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Tues. Jan. 1st

white ice · 18 · 11250

white ice

• View Profile
Most of the lake is open.  Campground bay (Haynes) is covered with really bad junk ice.  Couldn't even get on anywhere.   Just outside of it is also open water.  Some ice is creeping in the finger bay off Chrisman rd., but its skim and slush at best.  Didn't venture to the west side after what I seen on most of the lake.  Should tighten up next few nights.

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
Thanks for the update....if you are interested there is a nimi day planned when safe Ice is here keep checking the site for updates.
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Thanks, should be good by the weekend I'd imagine.  At least in the bays.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

Luvztaphish

• Please help keep our waterways clean .
    • View Profile
With these overnight temps ,ice will be forming at a   fast rate,5 degrees this morning.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 09:01:21 AM by Luvztaphish »

skunkedagain

• View Profile
Did a Nimi drive by today at 11:00A.M. stopped at the C1(Falcon end) the ice was clear and 2.5 inches thick, C-6 was clear 2.5 inches, S. Main 2 was clear and 3 inches. The lake looked open but its all clear ice. Drilled out only a couple feet from shore. No edge thaw at the ramps where I went out.

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
thnks for the report , sounds like better ice than all the other lakes
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

white ice

• View Profile
Sounds good.  Big difference when you dont have snow on top isn't it.  I love fishing on clear ice.  Gives you the creeps sometimes!!

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Yes it can.  You can see stuff moving under your feet, that is creepy.  Also you need to be more wary because the fish can see you better.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

mbarrett1379

• View Profile
    • Steelhead fishing "Rainbow Row"

skunkedagain

• View Profile
Did another ice check today at 7:30, C-1 had 3 inches of clear ice C-6 had 3 inches of clear. I saw at least 3 guys at the campground fishing but nobody on the main part of the lake. The ice hasn't grown allot over the last few days. I'm still shooting for Monday.

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Thanks for the update.  I'll try for Monday afternoon also.

Team Wilcraft!

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
I would also like to get on the campground monday as well. Hopeing the weather will stay good. I really need 4 inchs of good ice before I will go. How did the campground look as for being snow covered?
Tim Smith (HardWaterJunkie)

Check out www.HalesSinkerSupply.com for all of your fishing sinker needs. Over 15 different types of sinkers and jigs in sizes from 1/100oz. to 4 lb. Make sure to ask about our custom built rods. From ice-fishing to off-shore we build them all. Message me for quotes

skunkedagain

• View Profile
The lake had no snow cover. The campground area had guys fishing it. The rest of the lake had nobody on it. I'm shooting for Monday if the warm weather doesn't screw it up.

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I'm gunning for Tuesday afternoon.

Team Wilcraft!

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
If you go tuesday I may meet up with you. Im heading to wingfoot monday after my dr. appt
Tim Smith (HardWaterJunkie)

Check out www.HalesSinkerSupply.com for all of your fishing sinker needs. Over 15 different types of sinkers and jigs in sizes from 1/100oz. to 4 lb. Make sure to ask about our custom built rods. From ice-fishing to off-shore we build them all. Message me for quotes

Vexilar