Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Forum suggestion...

Salmonid

• View Profile
David, any chance we could add a forum for each section of the state such as "SW Ohio Reports" and "Central Ohio Reports" etc to capture all the reports that are NOT on public lakes, we have many local park ponds and places that locals can post about with ice thicknesses there, For example I was on a private pond today but it its location in the SW area might help others know what to expect in the same area, also we have several park ponds that always freeze first in the area and Id love to know if anyone has been out on them yet.. Just an idea.

Salmonid

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
I agree!  I was doing the same thing today.  Pond hopping.  It would be nice to have an area to post pond and small lake reports. :)
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
I think that if I create that then we will start getting lake reports under those boards and it would be a lot of work to redirect them.

I think small pond reports under general discussion is the best for right now.

I do appreciate all suggestions.
David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

OhioFisher19

• Global Moderator
  • More Fishin' Less Talkin'
    • View Profile
    • Ohio Outdoors
I was also thinking a ponds and other waters report sec. lol Thanks!
TEAM IFO Pro Staff
CYA On The Water,
Capt. Jonny Fickert
 "Fishing and Fun with Jonny Fickert"

erierider

• Global Moderator
  • I have a Chubby!
    • View Profile
My suggestion would be a free mobile app for IFO. View alot on my droid but find it difficult to navigate site and post using my phone. Therefore I dont post as often.
Ice Fish Ohio
Pro Staff
Team Dreamweaver Spoons
Orange Crush Reef Runner Troller

jmsteele187

• View Profile
I second the mobile app idea!  I only get on this site with my iPhone.  It's impossible to load any pictures, and it makes navigating the site kind of a pain.  But I kinda like the group of guys here, so I keep coming back.  It's not at all like OGF, everyone on this site is quite helpfull and a lot less judgmental.  But OGF has an app, which makes it much easier to navigate.

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
An app is an awesome idea!!  So is a board just for small city parks and ponds only!
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
even if the app was a 1 time fee for a few bucks would be nice.You got to remember that it cost money to make an app unless you are willing to do it for free. The reason that ogf has a free app is because they are part of a much larger company that has a lot more advertising dollars coming in. If someone wants to donate all there time making an IFO app and then wanting to release it for free please come forward and take this bull by the horns. We would all love to see it for iphone and android.
Tim Smith (HardWaterJunkie)

Check out www.HalesSinkerSupply.com for all of your fishing sinker needs. Over 15 different types of sinkers and jigs in sizes from 1/100oz. to 4 lb. Make sure to ask about our custom built rods. From ice-fishing to off-shore we build them all. Message me for quotes

Banker

• Global Moderator
  • With God, All things are possible. Matthew 19:26
    • View Profile
    • www.iceprofromohio.com
They need s vexilar app with a sonar plug for i phones....game changer!
Scott Albrecht
"Banker"
www.iceprofromohio.com

John 21:6 He said, "Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some."

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
It would be nice if I could just buy a camera and use my smart phone or tablet as the screen. It would make it a lot cheaper then buying a whole unit and then you could just save it to your device and upload directly to the forum or youtube.
Tim Smith (HardWaterJunkie)

Check out www.HalesSinkerSupply.com for all of your fishing sinker needs. Over 15 different types of sinkers and jigs in sizes from 1/100oz. to 4 lb. Make sure to ask about our custom built rods. From ice-fishing to off-shore we build them all. Message me for quotes

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
That would be really cool!!!!

Team Wilcraft!

futurestrader

• View Profile
    • Byrneinvest
an app would be nice!  Banker look at the powerdomes and other electric chargers.  nice to have on the ice for charging, running a tv or laptop, inflating tires, etc.
Pro Staff Member
Fishing for panfish
Walleye on Erie
www.byrneinvest.com

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
An app would be great.

I am not sure what that would take to accomplish or the cost. I believe that the forum that we run does not support having an app but i will check with my support team.

Any suggestions from the younger computer generation is appreciated.

As Hardwater said OGF is in a different league as far as capital goes and run it as a business. Our site runs to cover costs so we can promote the sport..

I will add a small lakes and pond board.

Keep the suggestions coming.

David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

erierider

• Global Moderator
  • I have a Chubby!
    • View Profile
I too would be willing to spend a couple bucks for an ifo app. I to know zip about them but find them easy to navigate and worth a couple dollars for ease of use.
Ice Fish Ohio
Pro Staff
Team Dreamweaver Spoons
Orange Crush Reef Runner Troller

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Me too, and thanks for adding the pond board.  It'll be really nice to have it!!

Team Wilcraft!

Vexilar