Ice Fish Ohio Forum

ice is better

plantguy

• View Profile
Got out again today at Charles mill.  Worked the same area as before but was able to work out  to about 10 feet of water. Resulted in some small perch and a couple gills.  Moved down the lake to the real deep hole with same results.  Did not go all the way out 80 feet from shore (long as my Rope) ice about 4 inch. Probably could have gone out farther but I fish alone. Hence the rope tied to me and the shore. Fished both wax worms and salted minnows. Caught the same on both.  The fish are there just got to find them.  Back out Sat. but then I'll be done work and weather could stop things.  Long range calling for warm temps and RAIN no good on marginal ice.
Really have to watch this lake and Pleasent Hill for changing water conditions up and down with run off and rain.

wis2ohio

• View Profile
I am gunna try and make the drive here wed morning bout 7 hope the ice is still thick enough. Any idea on were I can park I have never been to this lake before?

plantguy

• View Profile
Good parking.  Drive into the marina area go thru campground as far as possible, turn around at the end and park on the road (drive).  Most guys will leave enough room so anyone else can turn around. Plenty of other areas to park just depends where you are going to fish. Check out the lake map for this lake. I have never gone out on the side that has the river channel flowing in.  Also note winter draw down is maybe 6 feet or so.

wis2ohio

• View Profile
Thanks for the info. Have you seen anyone fishing the lake yet besides yourself?

Vexilar