Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Fish Structor

wis2ohio

• View Profile
I am wondering if there is any type of structor in this lake that is best to catch crappie,gills or saugeyes?
Since I have never fished this lake I am trying to get a feel for it before heading out I do have a map of the lake but doesnt show any type of underwater structors.

plantguy

• View Profile
Fished sat in bay furthest from marina.  Found some good gill in about 7 or 8 feet.  Also few perch and one crappie. Fished it again today very slow moved from this lake to some ponds. If I had traveled very far I would have been disappointed with the trip. I'll be looking for some other big water if the ice holds and that is a big if.  I live close to this lake and Pleasent hill. Shreve lake is close as well as some good ponds in between.  I'll also go to knox and Kokosing from time to time. Like to spend my time fishing instead of driving.

mitch131

• PRO STAFF
  • there always next year
    • View Profile
plant guy where are you from im from mansfield
marcum
strikemaster
jammin jigs
artic armour

wis2ohio

• View Profile
Bigbob said shreve still not ready,I am thinking about hitting charles mills wed still if the weather doesnt melt the ice first.
How thick was the ice?

plantguy

• View Profile
I'm near Loudonville. Ice was a good 4 but with this weather it could go bad quick. Warm nights the last few and temps are on the rise.

wis2ohio

• View Profile
Thanks for the info plantguy. My mother in law use to work at the state over that way any how hope to see you on the ice sometime.

pig puncher

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
for what it's worth, i see ya'll are fairly close to me. try knox lake. ice was good over the weekend, have to see what happens down the road. got some nice catfish last friday and saturday. 24 incher was the biggest. lotta fun on ice gear.

Vexilar