Ice Fish Ohio Forum

ATWOOD 2013

ADAD1640

• View Profile
TALKED TO A COUPLE GUYS YESTERDAY AFTER SEEING 5 SHANTYS AND SEVERAL PEOPLE OUT ON LAKE INCLUDING A SMALL CHILD AND GOT THE REPORT OF 3.5 TO 4 INCHES--WENT OUT AT 5AM SUNDAY WITH MY ICE FISHING PARTNER AND ABOUT 3O YARDS OUT I HEARD A CRACK.  I STOPPED AND HE HEARD THE SAME THING--I AM 240 HE IS 180 SO HE DRILLED THE PILOT HOLE.  THE ICE WAS 2.5 INCHES AT BEST AND CLOUDY--NOT MY CUP OF TEA--BE CAREFUL--I AM HOPING THAT WE LOST ICE OVERNIGHT AND EVERYONE WASN'T FISHING ON 2.5 INCHES--BIG FREEZE COMING IN A WEEK OR SO IF MODELS COME TRUE--NOT WORTH IT ---I SPEND A WHOLE DAY WHEN I GO AND LOVE IT AS MUCH AS ANYONE BUT ONE MISTAKE COULD BE YOUR LAST --PATIENCE

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Thanks for the report.  I won't waste my time of life on 2-2 1/2 inches of cloudy ice!
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

ADAD1640

• View Profile
just got back from checking ice at atwood--3.5 to 4 inches of good clear hard ice--no water on top after drilling test hole--didi little bounce and water does not move up and down in hole--entire lake locked up --4 shantys and 3 guys outside and 1 guy over by cottages--am going there this aft eve --if you would like to go 330-771-0379

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Glad to hear its ready.  Wish I could make it, I'm still plowing snow.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

Vexilar