Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Charity Ice Fishing Event!!!

Big Daddy

• I am Big Daddy
    • View Profile
2nd Annual Ice Out Hunger Icefishing Tournament
WHERE: Wingfoot State Park
WHEN: February 2, 2013 7:30AM til 2:30PM
WHY: To help the Akron Fanton Foodbank restock their shelves after the bust Holiday season
COST: Entry fee is $10 per 1 or 2 person team. 100% of fees collected go to the foodbank.

This is a "bragging rights" event. There will be trophies given to the top 3 places in ADULTS (16 and over) and KIDS (15 and younger)

Entering the event will get you a raffle ticket for a door prize from one of our sponsors: Mogadore Bait and Tackle, Portage Lakes Bait and Tackle, Gone Fishin' Bait and Tackle, Finny's Custom Rods, and Ice Fish Ohio. If you would like to donate a prize to our raffle, give me a call or shoot me an email [email protected]

This is an "AT YOUR OWN RISK" event. There will be a safety talk prior to heading out on the ice. If the ice is deemed unsafe, we will still hold the awards/prize giveaway party.

This event is about giving back and helping those in need. We have a lot of sponsors who have stepped up including JoAnn Fabric and Craft stores, WKYC, Inside the Great Outdoors Radio, www.ohiogamefishing.com, www.icefishohio.com plus those I mentioned above.

Registrations are the morning of the event starting at 6AM at the PINETREE LODGE at Wingfoot State Park in Suffield, Ohio.

If you have ANY questions, email me at [email protected] and I will get back with you. Thanks!
Take a kid fishing and pass it on.

Bass Pro Shops Pro Staff
Microspoons Pro Staff

Luvztaphish

• Please help keep our waterways clean .
    • View Profile
IWe need a lot more events like this , putting our sport in a good light . AnywAY we can promote ice fishing in a positive manner should be done and supported . Count me in and I'll try to bring others . Let's all make this event a roaring  success.. ;D

Curtis937

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • CPR catfish
id like to come to this but its 3 hours away so prob wont make it....i hope you have a great turn out...
CPRCatfish.com

Big Daddy

• I am Big Daddy
    • View Profile
At last year's event, there wasn't any ice so a few of the guys brought boats and fished anyway! This year, I hope the ice gets locked up again after our little warm up this week. We raised over $1800 last year, even without ice!

Regardless of ice or not, the show WILL go on. We;ll be having food (donuts in the AM with coffee) and chili and probably some kind of soup (we had turkey/rice last year) and some hot dogs and chips, soft drinks too. We'll raffle off the prizes our sponsors genorously have donated and figure out some way to award the trophies.

This is purely done to get folks out to experience the fun of ice fishing and give back a little to those in need.

Thanks for helping and I will see you there on the 2nd!

Carl

Bass Pro Shops Pro Staff
Microspoons Pro Staff

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
My wife and I will be there ice or no ice and we hope to see you all at this event. This is for a great cause and we are excited to go. Im looking forward to seeing members that I have already meet and meeting new friends. Seeing that there will likely be no safe ice around Saturday there is no reason everybody shouldn't be there. Please come out and support a great cause, eat some food, chances at some great prizes and meet some new friends.
Tim Smith (HardWaterJunkie)

Check out www.HalesSinkerSupply.com for all of your fishing sinker needs. Over 15 different types of sinkers and jigs in sizes from 1/100oz. to 4 lb. Make sure to ask about our custom built rods. From ice-fishing to off-shore we build them all. Message me for quotes

Big Daddy

• I am Big Daddy
    • View Profile
Event is still a GO! I checked the lake this AM and there was about 1/2 to 3/4 inch layer of good ice off the boat ramp. Not sure if we'll be able to fish, playing it by ear, but everyone who enters will be eligible for some great prizes... Akron Aeros tickets, a guided bass fishing trip, a Spring crappie trip with yours truly at West Branch, custom ice jigging rods from Finny's Custom Rods, and a load of tackle from Mogadore Bait and Tackle plus lots more. We may have a "PLAN B" to try and get some fishing in, but we need to be cautious here. Special thanks to JoAnn Fabric and Craft stores, Eberhart Landscaping and lawn service, the Summit Sportsmens Association.

You can register any time between 6:30AM and 2PM, so if you just want to show up for food, you'll still be in the raffle drawing. We'll be at the PineTree Lodge at Wingfoot State Park. See you tomorrow. Any last minute questions, call me at 216-346-9615.

Bass Pro Shops Pro Staff
Microspoons Pro Staff

Vexilar