Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Jan 6 & 7 Results

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
My son, Nathan, fished C5 both days bringing home 14 & 39.
Gills were running 5-7", but caught a nice 9" along with a couple of red ears
Crappie are running 9-10"

Beware: ODNR is checking licenses & issuing citations for undersized bass & crappie
We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Thanks for the report, and the warning!! ;D
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

white ice

• View Profile
A buddy and I fished it over the weekend (sat 5th).  Bring a tape to measure the crappies.  Lots of fish just under 9in.  LOTS!!  My biggest was 10in. or so.  I did not see "the man", but I'm glad they are out and about.  Rules are rules fellas.

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I'm glad too.  If we follow the rules there's nothing to worry about.  The rules protect our fishery.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
Yes and we need these size regulations.the lack of regulations or enforcement of those that are in place have led to some of our lakes and rivers to be in the shape they are today
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Amen to that!

Team Wilcraft!

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
yep i agree with the regs limits, besides who wants to take home a bunch of dinks  :P
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
The amish i've seen up on mosquito will keep everything they catch. They don't care about the laws. I've seen them take well undersized fish out of there. I thinks that's why there is no walleye regs there. The DNR considers it a put and take lake. I wouldn't be surprised if they take the extra minnows home and fillet them up.
Tim Smith (HardWaterJunkie)

Check out www.HalesSinkerSupply.com for all of your fishing sinker needs. Over 15 different types of sinkers and jigs in sizes from 1/100oz. to 4 lb. Make sure to ask about our custom built rods. From ice-fishing to off-shore we build them all. Message me for quotes

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Yea, they can clean out a lake.  They make fish meal out of the tiny ones.  They throw NOTHING back.  It aggravates me!  >:(

Team Wilcraft!

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Not that I'm against keeping some fish, a good meal of fresh fish is awesome, but we need to release some to sustain the fishery.  If we don't in a few years there won't be anything left but 3 inch dinks.

Team Wilcraft!

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
yeah thats a fact they have no remorse about size or limits , once a boat load of amish almost ran me over in my boat when they were zinging along in a rental, i have thought about installing torpedoes  ;D

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I agree on the torpedoes!!  I'd have shot some jet skis and a moron who almost made me wreck my Ranger bass boat in November.  I was passing another boat and he shot in between us.  I had to do a 90 degree turn and I was full speed.  Around 60 mph.  I could feel the back of my boat starting to hop over the water.  Once I got it straightened out, it took all my self control not to chase him down.  Boy was I fuming!!!

Team Wilcraft!

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
yeh slab it would be bad enough to dump my little boat but your boat would be clobberin time :-\

Vexilar