Ice Fish Ohio Forum

60's

crv423 · 14 · 6578

crv423

• Global Moderator
  • Catching is only half the fun!
    • View Profile
seen expanded forecast, 60 this weekend 60 next week end. Hopefully we'll get a deep freeze in feb.
Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Alum Creek, Buckeye lake guide

bassmastermjb

• View Profile
Don't know what forecast you're looking at, but by next Tuesday we'll be building ice with no temps above 32 degrees day or night through Friday.Also been reading where the weather guys are calling for sub 0 temps the following week. There's a good chance the small ponds will be fishable by next weekend.........Mark
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 04:53:26 PM by bassmastermjb »

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
I saw the same thing as Mark.  Hope it sets in with frigid temps.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

deerslayern

• View Profile
I hope the same thing a good deep freeze. 1 things 4 sure i checked a pond yesterday i still had 7 in of ice 5in clear it otta b comfortable tomorrow or sat morning gill fishing that drink.  Come on cold temps.
When in doubt test it out.  No ice is safe ice. becareful out there.

Norm Hunitngton Jr

Pro staff
Clam
HT enterprises
frabill
Humminbird

Guide for
New London
Willard
Pleasant Hill

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
Unfortunately this is slowly becoming another one of those dissapointing seasons.I personnely have not been out once due to work and now we are facing a warm up.Hopefully february will be really cold and i can drill some holes for my birthday.
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

bassmastermjb

• View Profile
No doubt, the rain will do alot of damage, mostly to the shore ice. Most of the smaller bodies of water with 5 inches will not lose all it's ice in 3 days and hopefully be fishable again by next weekend..........Mark

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
That's what I'm hoping for.  The rain to clean up the rotten ice and then refreeze good and hard!
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

joewallguy

• View Profile
Im seeing deep freeze on the way by next friday high in the teens. Have faith, it is going to turn into a great ice season and i beleive we will be on erie come second week of Feb. :-)

McMish

• View Profile
I think its time to sell my truck buy a Prius and move to Canada ....  :'(

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
We'll be back on the ice in 10 days at most.  We need to use this next week to get everything done we need to so when the ice returns, we can live on it!! ;D

Team Wilcraft!

erierider

• Global Moderator
  • I have a Chubby!
    • View Profile
I hope you are right. Have a trip planned on the 21st for the day!!
Ice Fish Ohio
Pro Staff
Team Dreamweaver Spoons
Orange Crush Reef Runner Troller

wapak ice dawg

• PRO STAFF
    • View Profile
The only thing I can wish for, is that the water clears up a bit before it freezes, for me at least in years past, when a lake freezes with muddy water, fishing seems to be a little tougher

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
freeze ? thaw? i cant decide anymore its getting closer to spring so im getting mixed feelings,  somebody whack me with a snow ball  8)
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

toadfish

• View Profile
60's are fine in Late March but not in early January!  My past experience has been pretty poor if the ice somes on, leaves then returns.  I have no idea where the fish go.  Maybe this year will be different.  Keep your fingers crossed for the return of cold weather.
Pro ice fisherman, amateur icefishing catcherman.

Vexilar