Ice Fish Ohio Forum

She'll divorce me yet!!!

saugeyemarc

• View Profile
All the sudden after 24 years my wife decides she wants to park her car in the garage.  For 24 years she has said "That garage is your house and this is mine"  For 24 years I've had a fishing section, a woodworking section, a hunting reloading hobby section and a fix what needs to be fixed section.  But this year she bought a brand spanking new car after saying she never would.  I was prepared.  I saw the future.  I knew if she got that space next would come a garden section, a sewing section and pastel colors on the walls.  So I was ready.  I hung my Ice augers without the blade covers on the wall by the garage door.  On the other side were tools all with sharpened blades hung above so grandkids can't get to them, I tell her.    My shanties hang above where a car would be parked and I can't be held responsible if something fell on her car.  Afterall I drive a beat up 97 GMC truck.  It wouldn't be the last thing to fall om my truck.  I could see the look of horror on her face as she walked into the garage after all these years.  I guess I don't have to tell you do I.  My shanties are on the floor at the garage door next to them are augers and ice rods tip-ups and all my ice gear.  It takes up a car space but it's still all mine.....
specialty is walleye saugeye and sauger with a sprinkling of crappies and perch.
Sponsors: Icefishohio.com,  Reef Runner Lures, Macks Lure, VIBE

wballard77

• PRO STAFF
  • Wes Ballard
    • View Profile
Hmm.. are you narrating my life? sounds like me,  ;D
Ice Fish Ohio Pro Staff

saugeyemarc

• View Profile
I think all us married men go through this.
specialty is walleye saugeye and sauger with a sprinkling of crappies and perch.

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
There is an old saying in marriage "what is mine is mine and what is yours is mine" i guess it  is her space to park her car now not your fishing space! ;)
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

wballard77

• PRO STAFF
  • Wes Ballard
    • View Profile
I think I'm going to build a fishing shed.
Ice Fish Ohio Pro Staff

saugeyemarc

• View Profile
I'll only give her the parking space if I can have her play room for my reloading equipment.

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
That's my life too.  Her car and my Ranger bass boat are inside and my truck is out.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

futurestrader

• View Profile
    • Byrneinvest
I got into it with my wife in the fall and said ok all the fishing stuff and ATV will go in the shed but that is mine and all the knick nacks and pots and yard trinkets will now be in the garage.  She agreed so then I had an electrician run power to the shed and outlets and romex when she was at work.  Fixed her real good and have another man cave!
Pro Staff Member
Fishing for panfish
Walleye on Erie
www.byrneinvest.com

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
NICE!!!!! ;D
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

deerslayern

• View Profile
LMFAO been there done that bud. at one point i gave in. I learned if momma aint happy aint no one happy, than i got more to stuff to fill the empty spots in the garage. Needless to say its fun to argue bout the garage. Ive been married only 4yrs and lots of learning to come.     4 her lol. 
When in doubt test it out.  No ice is safe ice. becareful out there.

Norm Hunitngton Jr

Pro staff
Clam
HT enterprises
frabill
Humminbird

Guide for
New London
Willard
Pleasant Hill

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
One day I took off work and built and carpeted a room in the unfinished side of my basement.  Now I have a nice fishing workshop.  Imagine her surprise to come home and see a new room in the basement.

Team Wilcraft!

wballard77

• PRO STAFF
  • Wes Ballard
    • View Profile
One day I took off work and built and carpeted a room in the unfinished side of my basement.  Now I have a nice fishing workshop.  Imagine her surprise to come home and see a new room in the basement.

Now that's funny!
Ice Fish Ohio Pro Staff

futurestrader

• View Profile
    • Byrneinvest
Its amazing how much space you need for fishing equipment and then heaven forbid if you ice fish also that is a whole another process of lures, rods, jigs, auger, shelter, heater, etc.
Pro Staff Member
Fishing for panfish
Walleye on Erie
www.byrneinvest.com

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
The best thing about the room is now I but new stuff, wait until she's gone, sneak it into my room and she can't tell what's new and what's been in there for years! :D  ;D

Team Wilcraft!

futurestrader

• View Profile
    • Byrneinvest
Its so bad we cheat on our wives in a different sort of way.  I could care less about other women but look at this secret lure I have hidden.
Pro Staff Member
Fishing for panfish
Walleye on Erie
www.byrneinvest.com

Vexilar