Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Took a quick trip to that state up north.... 1/20/13

OhioFisher19

• Global Moderator
  • More Fishin' Less Talkin'
    • View Profile
    • Ohio Outdoors
Well I figured I would post this even being late at night. You guys are going to wake up early tomorrow and need something to read. A good friend of mine takes me to some good spots across the border into mich, in the irish hills. We fished a private lake today 1.5hr drive for me and couldn't walk out far but seven feet seemed to be deep enough (we normally fish 16-20) It wasn't the usual crappie whack but I got one, a nice perch, and caught enough gills to keep me busy. Ice was 3in thinning out to 1.5in. not far from where we sat. Caught everything on orange Gpa Bob's jigs. A few on a jawjacker and nothing would touch the minnows... Had fun drilling and for just an afternoon trip 3-6... It was nice, even sat in the shanty for the first time this year!
Gills were 7.5-8.5 and crappie was 11. Didn't do the tourney b/c didn't know if another state mattered? lol Anyways this is my 4th time on the ice this year and only pretty good trip so far. Next weekend should be good, then back to warm again!
TEAM IFO Pro Staff
CYA On The Water,
Capt. Jonny Fickert
 "Fishing and Fun with Jonny Fickert"

erierider

• Global Moderator
  • I have a Chubby!
    • View Profile
Nice job. By the shanties in the background how many people get to fish this private pond?? Thanks for the ice teaser
Ice Fish Ohio
Pro Staff
Team Dreamweaver Spoons
Orange Crush Reef Runner Troller

MDBuckeye

• View Profile
Great to hear someone get out and get some.  Nice few hours work.

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Very nice, I'm jealous!
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

OhioFisher19

• Global Moderator
  • More Fishin' Less Talkin'
    • View Profile
    • Ohio Outdoors
It's a private lake. One area you can park nearby and access it. So enough room for maybe 4 cars parking. I would have gone back today but couldn't find anyone to go.
TEAM IFO Pro Staff
CYA On The Water,
Capt. Jonny Fickert
 "Fishing and Fun with Jonny Fickert"

Vexilar