Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Ice Update?

1977walleyeguy

• View Profile
Deerslayin - any updates on ice formation?

deerslayern

• View Profile
Sorry guysbbeen workn alot of hrs. i did have a chance 2 check New London cause its 5min from the house and willards 35min out. its ready with 3.5 to 4in ( thats new londons not willards measurments).
When in doubt test it out.  No ice is safe ice. becareful out there.

Norm Hunitngton Jr

Pro staff
Clam
HT enterprises
frabill
Humminbird

Guide for
New London
Willard
Pleasant Hill

eye spy

• View Profile
Most of the res was iced over when I checked it out yesterday but there were 2-3 places where it looked like ducks and geese were keeping it open.

OhioFisher19

• Global Moderator
  • More Fishin' Less Talkin'
    • View Profile
    • Ohio Outdoors
Did anyone hear a guy got rescued here last week?
TEAM IFO Pro Staff
CYA On The Water,
Capt. Jonny Fickert
 "Fishing and Fun with Jonny Fickert"

eye spy

• View Profile
Nope, I live in Willard and didn't hear anything about it.

maxfire26

• View Profile
OhioFisher - I work for Willard Fire Dept. - we did not get called to the res for any type of rescue yet this year. 

I'm working today - I get off at 7 a.m. tomorrow morning...I'll check the res on my way back home to Norwalk.  I'll let you guys know.  Be safe guys.

swedish nipple

• just like fishining out of a barrell
    • View Profile
Thanks max. Always like to see the reports. I live an hour away but I love to fish Willard.
Spencer Lake, Wellington, Willard, Chippewa, Oberlin

maxfire26

• View Profile
Drove by this a.m.  About 1'' to 1.5'' should be ready in a couple of days I would imagine.  There was a little puddle open at the ramp, which is normal.  I am going to check it again on Wednesday a.m. and possibly fish it either Wednesday or Friday.  I'll keep you guys posted. 

eye spy

• View Profile
When I checked yesterday there was 3/4" so it made a little ice last night. This snow isn't going to help

maxfire26

• View Profile
Just checked the ice today (Tuesday) at around 3:00 p.m.  There was about 2'' to 2.5'' of ice under a layer of slush near the edges.  I am shooting for Friday but I wouldn't be surprised if it was ready by tomorrow.   Not looking good for getting on Erie anytime soon so I guess I'll head to Willard to see if I have any luck. 

maxfire26

• View Profile
Just checked...there were 2 guys fishing...ice is good...I'll be out there tomorrow (Friday). 

eye spy

• View Profile
I would not say the ice is good. I was out for a while yesterday afternoon and found 2" at the most. Ice was cracking with every step I took! I didn't venture very far from shore. I am going to check it out in the morning to see if I can get back out a couple more times.  I caught a couple dink perch and a couple small gills

OhioFisher19

• Global Moderator
  • More Fishin' Less Talkin'
    • View Profile
    • Ohio Outdoors
My friend said he is going saturday(today). I told him I will spend the money for MI, too risky for me lol
TEAM IFO Pro Staff
CYA On The Water,
Capt. Jonny Fickert
 "Fishing and Fun with Jonny Fickert"

Vexilar