Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Ice Growth

Bowhunter57

• View Profile
Lima Lake is getting there...slowly. Approximately 2" of clear ice, so far. Hopefully by this weekend we're looking at 4" or more.

I plan to go back out Friday evening and check all the reservoirs again, to see how much ice growth we have.

Bowhunter57
George Washington did not use his right to free speech to defeat the British...he shot them.

Bowhunter57

• View Profile
My brother and I fished Lima Lake, on Sunday, but it sure was a huge dissappointment. The water was extremely cloudy/murky and the fish were not biting on anything we offered.

Perhaps it'll settle a bit with the thawing weather and the next big freeze will show some better waters.

Bowhunter57
George Washington did not use his right to free speech to defeat the British...he shot them.

panfishnut

• Love those Crappies
    • View Profile
Does anyone think we will get enough ice growth to fish before spring? I sure am hoping for it. I live down by Cincy and don't want to travel that far just to find open water. Thanks for the help.

MDBuckeye

• View Profile
panfishnut, Lima is a long drive unless you have another reason to go up there... I used to live in Lima and I would much rather fish Buckeye or Indian, just sayin...

panfishnut

• Love those Crappies
    • View Profile
Well do you think we will get enough ice to fish either one of them before spring?

Vexilar