Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Berlin 1-25

Icehousepastor

• View Profile
Why do I keep seeing fish on my fishfinder but none on a stringer?
Was over eight, twelve and twenty feet of water from 8:00 am till 1:00pm today near the road bed on north east side of 224.. Marked fish all three places with most at twenty feet watching them for at least an hour at that spot. Couldn't get a single taker. Used minnows on dead stick and jigged vibee. NOTHIN. Ice was 4" most places. Checked for fish in about 20 spots. Saw two other shanties and a dude sitting on a bucket till the snow picked up. Was in black Frabill 2 man.
  Went to AC bait and Tackle and was shocked to see my old friend Chuck running it. Great Guy!

Luvztaphish

• Please help keep our waterways clean .
    • View Profile

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
It can be tough. You have to hit it at the right time. But if you look at other lake threads on here, it's the same thing. There are windows that the bite picks up in.   Jumpy was facing the same thing on Erie on Thursday. Try experimenting with different sizes and colors, as well as other lures, like jigging raps and slender spoons like pimples. Also try just a minnow head instead of a whole minnow, sometimes that works.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

Steelhauler

• View Profile

The marks may have been shad.  I had the same thing happen to me the other day.  I couldn't figure out why I couldn't get the suspended marks to hit, then a couple of nice sized shad swam up in to the hole.  Then it it made perfect sense to me or at least lightened the blow to my ego!

Wes

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
That can happen!! ;D
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

Vexilar