Ice Fish Ohio Forum

1-27-13

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
Sitting I my shanty a few hundred yards north of the 224 road bed right now. I have marked tons of fish but no bites. Even though were not catching fish its really nice just being out. The barometric pressure is at 30.45 right now so Im going to blame it on that. Hopefully it will start to drop tomorrow before the storm comes in and can catch some fish. We are going to move to deer creek around 2 or 3.
Tim Smith (HardWaterJunkie)

Check out www.HalesSinkerSupply.com for all of your fishing sinker needs. Over 15 different types of sinkers and jigs in sizes from 1/100oz. to 4 lb. Make sure to ask about our custom built rods. From ice-fishing to off-shore we build them all. Message me for quotes

fishingful

• View Profile
What's the ice thickness out there?

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Be careful of that channel on Deer Creek, make sure you spud your way accross if you're going to fish the areas we have in the past!  It hasn't been cold that long, Deer Creek can be tricky, but if you can make it over there, as you know, monster slabs await.........I'm jealous!
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
Ice is 4 inches where I'm at. Eye4aneye is almost to the roadbed and is on 3 inches. Starting to get a few bites. I've caught 2 short crappies and this white bass. It put up one hell of a fight on 1 lb test line

Check out www.HalesSinkerSupply.com for all of your fishing sinker needs. Over 15 different types of sinkers and jigs in sizes from 1/100oz. to 4 lb. Make sure to ask about our custom built rods. From ice-fishing to off-shore we build them all. Message me for quotes

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
@slabslayer. We were planning on just fishing the cribs  by the road but seeing that the fishing is starting to pick up we are going to stick it out here. I had no plans what so ever to crossing that lake. I need a good 6 inches to want to try it.  ;D

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Glad to hear it!  Also glad it's picking up.  I think I'll pick up even more this evening.  The eyes hit there best at dawn/dusk.  With the weather system moving in tonight, I think this evening will be dynamite!!!  Let us know what you guys get!
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

Vexilar