Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Weekend at Berlin

white ice

• View Profile
I wasted 2 days of my ice fishing life trying to get some wallys sat and sun.  Saturday I started around 2 and fished until dark with 2 bumps.  Fished a underwater point from 14 to 30 ft.  Sunday I started at 6 am just off the roadbed in 14.  Stayed there till sunrise then moved back to the point and fished from 8 to 43 ft.  This time my buddy was with me and we moved moved and moved.  Found lots of lookers in 22 ft and off the break in 40 ft, but the few we caught were whitebass and channel cats.  Didn't matter what was used as almost all fish would come up 2 ft then turn away.  That lake is a pain in the a%&!!!  Seen kids on quads both days on 3.5 to 4 inches of ice.  At least I got out for what looks like the first and last at Berlin.

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
Wow,does not sound promising,i havent made it out on ice yet but maybe its not such a bad thing,sure would like to drill some holes though!
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Berlin is a boom or bust lake.  One day you're going to get 5 over 24" then the next day fish all day for one 12" fish.  Bummer you had a tough weekend.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
Thats the way it was all spring till the water level got to low to fish,one day you would catch walleye,next time all whiskered walleye.
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

Luvztaphish

• Please help keep our waterways clean .
    • View Profile

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
finally feel good enough to get on my computer :P sorry i couldent get back with ya guys that messaged me but i was in bad shape....fished sat at berlin started at old road bed and worked the area hard, a few bumps a couple small crapps, was at shallow to deep, water was dirty vis only a foot or so ..tried vibes shrimpos, minnos, EVERYTHING  ???  pulled up stakes and moved to dam started in 6 ft went to 43 hit a few of my best spots  used the kitchen sink with same results small gill, couple small craps couple small eyes. :P  kept getting lots of bumps but lost them on retrieve..marked alot of fish MOVING... close to bott and about 8 10 ft down :-[ ...stayed past dark hoping but   oohhh  ewelllll....ice was 3 1/2 inches clear pretty much all over the lake.. where i went...
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

white ice

• View Profile
I had a "decent" fall bite, but started later than normal last year.  Didn't fish till the end of October.  By the end of November I had a good idea where the fish were I just couldn't get too many of them to bite.  I was on fish Sunday, but they were just off.  I didn't expect to whack em', I'm just sayin'.  Tough fishery sometimes.

Vexilar