Ice Fish Ohio Forum

WILL THE ICE BE FISHABLE THIS WEEKEND ON YOUR LAKE?

Poll

WILL THE ICE BE FISHABLE THIS WEEKEND ON YOUR LAKE?

YES
5 (20%)
NO
16 (64%)
TO SOON TO TELL
4 (16%)

Total Members Voted: 25

swedish nipple

• just like fishining out of a barrell
    • View Profile
PLEASE NOTE YOUR LAKE OF CHOICE ASWELL
Spencer Lake, Wellington, Willard, Chippewa, Oberlin

OhioFisher19

• Global Moderator
  • More Fishin' Less Talkin'
    • View Profile
    • Ohio Outdoors
Going back to the irish hills this weekend was 6in or better this past weekend. I also think lake erie will survive. Won't be good for it but we won't loose all of the ice only spots with current and in the open. Time will tell only one day of this crap to go!
TEAM IFO Pro Staff
CYA On The Water,
Capt. Jonny Fickert
 "Fishing and Fun with Jonny Fickert"

Luvztaphish

• Please help keep our waterways clean .
    • View Profile
Nimisla , the warm air and snow melt with warm rain adds up to bad ice if any . Patience is key.

wballard77

• PRO STAFF
  • Wes Ballard
    • View Profile
I watched 4-5" yesterday turn to 1.75" its going to be gone tomorrow.  :'(
~Indian
Ice Fish Ohio Pro Staff

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Deer Creek, and I know it won't be fish able thee weekend. But am hoping for some ponds Friday or Sunday.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
I really praying that Wingfoot will be fishable for the Harvest for Hunger Charity ice fishing event on saturday but its not looking good. Remember that the event is being held ice or no ice so I hope to see everyone out there
Tim Smith (HardWaterJunkie)

Check out www.HalesSinkerSupply.com for all of your fishing sinker needs. Over 15 different types of sinkers and jigs in sizes from 1/100oz. to 4 lb. Make sure to ask about our custom built rods. From ice-fishing to off-shore we build them all. Message me for quotes

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
This has turned out to be another really sad season,at least the alum tourn. Were a blast.
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
May have to continue with the alum tourneys to have some fun on the weekends with this horrible weather.

Check out www.HalesSinkerSupply.com for all of your fishing sinker needs. Over 15 different types of sinkers and jigs in sizes from 1/100oz. to 4 lb. Make sure to ask about our custom built rods. From ice-fishing to off-shore we build them all. Message me for quotes

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
im not usually a kill joy  ??? but with the current and past trends with our weather it will take a serious deep freeze to restore what we have had twice and lost ... ???  ..hope it gives us one more shot but if it doesnt  :P  break out the boat ;D ;D ;D    sorry guys
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

wis2ohio

• View Profile
If we don't have safe ice next monday i just might take my kayak to charles mills and hit a few stumps or maybe just paddle my fat butt around the lake and see what I can find.

mbarrett1379

• View Profile
    • Steelhead fishing "Rainbow Row"
I agree. Hell at least the walleye run is soon and the crappie spawn. Im looking forward to pulling some slabs and eyes into the kayak. I guess I'm just going to have to keep chasin chromers until something else better pops up. Not always a bad deal either haha

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Keeping my fingers crossed Nimisila will lock up at C-5 bay.
We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Me too, that's my favorite place at Nimi on the ice.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
I haven't been on Nimi ice since 2011. I want to fish the campground for redears so bad. Even if it locks up good I wonder how the fishing will be. 2nd ice always seems worse then 1st ice. We are going for 3rd ice now. lol. I have never fished 3rd ice so hopefully it will be better then 2nd ice and not worse

toadfish

• View Profile
I doubt if Grand Lake St MArys wil be fishable this weekend.  Yesterday (1-29-2013) the ice was still on pretty good shape but had about 1" of water on top.  Any holes will start draining all that water and eroding the ice.  Lots of rain last night and warms temps that are still here are definately not hleping the cause.  Maybe if the bottom drops out and we get single digit temps will lock things up again.  The high winds that are supposed to hit will hurt the remaining ice too.
Pro ice fisherman, amateur icefishing catcherman.

Vexilar