Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Nimisila Saturday 2/9

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Drove to Nimisila Saturday afternoon 2/9.  Saw a dozen guys on the ice at C-5, the Campground Bay. Talked to one icer as he was headed to his vehicle.  He said the ice was 4" thick, the bite was slow and the shoreline ice was deteriorating fast. 

He said one guy came out at 3am (SOLO) and caught some very nice 13" crappie.  He left at 11am with a nice bunch.

Would like to hit it Sunday, but family obligations will thwart my obsession.  Dont think the ice is gonna hold up thru Monday b/c of the forecast of rain, but if it does, I'll be out there Monday morning 2/11 for sure.

We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

Luvztaphish

• Please help keep our waterways clean .
    • View Profile

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
I'm in the same boat icebucket, can't fish today due to family get together in 2 hours.  I hope ice lasts for tomorrow.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

skunkedagain

• View Profile
I saw 4 guys on the ice this morning at 8 A.M., on the way home from work. Lucky guys.

Luvztaphish

• View Profile
 ;D ;D ;D ;D. Got on the ice for about 1/2 the day .  a lot of lookers but nto takers .Still I loved it .   ;D   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
You didn't miss much identifier, highlight of the morning was getting checked by the ranger,sure wish I had some fish for him to measure,probably would have made his day!
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

Luvztaphish

• View Profile
 ??? :o. There's no restrictions on catfish .   ???   ::)

Luvztaphish

• View Profile
 :) just the feel of the auger cutting the ice and the hum of the flasher brought a sence of calm to me . I enjoy this sport and savor the whole experience . The visual and the audible .  Catching fish is the icing on the cake . I can't think of never.ever not wanting to ice fish.

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Ditto, L2fish
We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

Vexilar