Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Is causeway bait shop still open

swedish nipple

• just like fishining out of a barrell
    • View Profile
Is the causeway bait store still open at mosquitto? Their website says they are for sale and no one answers the phone.  If the aren't open any longer does anyone know who to contact for an ice report?
Spencer Lake, Wellington, Willard, Chippewa, Oberlin

futurestrader

• View Profile
    • Byrneinvest
I heard they are closed
Pro Staff Member
Fishing for panfish
Walleye on Erie
www.byrneinvest.com

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
I stopped in at A&C on Sunday to get bait. Chuck mentioned that after we left he had to take minnows up to Linda because they were running low on bait. I know that she is trying to sell the shop but the asking price being over $700,000.00 is going to be a tough sell. I heard of one guy that looked into buying it and tried to get a loan but the bank wouldn't give it to him because the appraisal was no where near the asking price. I would imagine that she will keep it open until it sells. If you were to get a loan the payment would be around 4-5000.00 a month for a 30 year loan. You would have to sell a whole lot of minnows, waxworms and maggots to make that payment. I hope that the causeway is able to stay open. I really like that shop and and they are always very friendly. Always willing to help point you in the right direction to catch fish. I know that with the last 2 ice fishing seasons being a bust it has really hurt all of the bait shops in the area. If they were to close up shop they would be added to the ever growing list of bait shops that have shut down in the last several years. I also still have a 25.00 gift certificate that I need to redeem so they cant shut down yet.
Tim Smith (HardWaterJunkie)

Check out www.HalesSinkerSupply.com for all of your fishing sinker needs. Over 15 different types of sinkers and jigs in sizes from 1/100oz. to 4 lb. Make sure to ask about our custom built rods. From ice-fishing to off-shore we build them all. Message me for quotes

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
You may want to redeem it,with the last two Ice the way they were and the drought and water levels so low IM sure they took a huge hit,very sad! :(
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
When I was there for that tv shoot, Linda was telling me with the low water and no ice it's the worst year she's ever had. :(
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
yeah thats really sad news i have been going there a long time.. :(  with the shrinking local bait shops goes my supply of locally accesable stuff and alot of info... :P not to  mention the enjoyment of chatting ...  i see self serve kinda like the grocery stores with their self serve lines,...i hate those... >:(
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

swedish nipple

• just like fishining out of a barrell
    • View Profile
Thanks for the info guys. I hope they are able to weather the storm. I like the people there always nice and always point you in the direction of fish
Spencer Lake, Wellington, Willard, Chippewa, Oberlin

bf1976

• View Profile
I got bait on 2/13 from causeway so they were open this past wednesday.

Vexilar