Ice Fish Ohio Forum

First time to skeeter

swedish nipple

• just like fishining out of a barrell
    • View Profile
Well made my first ever trip to skeeter today. Fished the morning on the north side due west of the boat ramp around 9 feet of water. Marked very few fish and only caught one tiny gill. Ice was 4-5" but spudded my way around none less. Fished the after noon south of 88 about 3/4 of a mile due south of the parking lot.kept about 20 gills 1 perch and a 16 in large mouth. The ice was a solid 5". Reports of crappie caught in the area in the morning.
I would lime to thank the gentleman who brought his shanty out for the first time in 3 years and had 7 mice jump out and run around the lake. I do not know who he was but I know I laughed for at least an hour.
Spencer Lake, Wellington, Willard, Chippewa, Oberlin

Mr Chomp

• View Profile
Use those mice with tip ups fer them northerns in that there lake!

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
that reminds me of a trip once , was on the way out and it was a snowy cold day and a couple guys in a shanty were tossing fish out on the ice, ;D  what they didnt know was that a long legged bird was standing beside the shack gobbling down the fish  ;D  my buddy and i laughed so hard we just watched  8)   so now when i pitch my fish out i look for critters,  even eagles..... :o
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
That's too funny!!!!  And congrats on the perch.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
if it stays cold maybe sat be a good day to go up.....i have a spot that i have been wanting to try by the yacht club.... 8)
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

Vexilar