New Sponsor...Jigger Totter

Banker · 9 · 8152

Banker

• Global Moderator
  • With God, All things are possible. Matthew 19:26
    • View Profile
    • www.iceprofromohio.com
http://jiggertotter.webs.com/
Check out this customer's website. Great product at a great price.
Scott Albrecht
"Banker"
www.iceprofromohio.com

John 21:6 He said, "Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some."

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Those look cool in action. I like the ease of setup and nothing sitting on the ice or in the hole like with other products. Cool find!
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
I would have to say no seeing that they are just a glorified rod holder. They consider the jawjacker a tip up because you have to set the rod and it has a mechanical trigger to be set off by the fish. I have made other tip downs that were made to be used just as a tip down and asked an officer if I could fish 6 of them and he told me no. The best bet would be to take them to the div. of wildlife and show them and see what they say. If the say yes make sure you write up a letter with a pic of the item and have them sign off on it. Every officer has their own opinion and its up to each one if you get a ticket or not. If you have a signed letter they would most likely not give you a ticket. If they were to give you a ticket you would be able to take the letter to court and you would get let off. Your better off safe then sorry. You could probably fish them and never get caught but its not worth the chance. Years ago I used to only fish at night and would set up 20+ tip ups and have 5-6 dead sticks plus my jiggin rod. I never got caught but if I would have I would have lost all my gear, got a huge fine and if they want to hit you hard they can give you a lifetime ban to where you can never get a hunting or fishing license again. I quit doing those things because I would go crazy if I could never hunt or fish again.
Tim Smith (HardWaterJunkie)

Check out www.HalesSinkerSupply.com for all of your fishing sinker needs. Over 15 different types of sinkers and jigs in sizes from 1/100oz. to 4 lb. Make sure to ask about our custom built rods. From ice-fishing to off-shore we build them all. Message me for quotes

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
Plus hwj if the bite really turned on you would be a busy man with all that equipment in at once
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

Banker

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • www.iceprofromohio.com
I don't know the answer to your question, but do know that in Idaho, where Rob the owner shot this video, they can fish 5 rods at a time hence the 10 rods in the video. I have two units and am planning on purchasing more.

I was fishing the other day in miserable conditions and got skunked.. walking off the docks I called Ratherbe and asked him why the fish don't eat when it's miserable out side.

He said the fish still eat, the problem is you. Your cold so it changes your presentation. If I had these then, the wind actually serves as a jigging mechanism so my hands would have been in my pocket while the wind did all the work.

On nice days I will at least have one to keep my dead stick up and out of the snow but on miserable days I will probably fish two and keep my hands warm :)

Hope this helps. We should have at least one of these units at the next IceFishOhio event and I will also post results on the ones I have once I get a chance to use them.
Scott Albrecht
"Banker"
www.iceprofromohio.com

John 21:6 He said, "Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some."

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
There were times when it got crazy and all my gear was going off. I would end up with everything all tangled up and it would take hours to get it all back in the water. To make things worse it was dark out and you couldn't see very good. I would loose a dead stick from time to time down a hole when I was out running traps. I would like to be able to run more then 6 traps but I agree with the 2 rod law. I would be happy if I could run 12 traps and 1 jigging rod. If I set up tip ups I'm normally not moving and focasing on the traps and don't use my rods. If I'm running and gunning I run a dead stick and jigging rod and leave the traps in the truck. O well I'll never be happy with the laws. They could change the laws from 6 to 12 and then I would want to run 18.  ;D Always want more,more,more. Lol
Tim Smith (HardWaterJunkie)

Check out www.HalesSinkerSupply.com for all of your fishing sinker needs. Over 15 different types of sinkers and jigs in sizes from 1/100oz. to 4 lb. Make sure to ask about our custom built rods. From ice-fishing to off-shore we build them all. Message me for quotes

Banker

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • www.iceprofromohio.com
There is a spot on the St. Clair river where every night from the last week of July to the first week of August at 9pm there is  15 minutes of complete pandimonium crappie wise. would catch 9 every time - 4 right away (2 rod 2 hook law in Michigan) then by the time I got the lines untangles could get 4 more- 2 double headers. Then throw in for one more.
Sometimes could extend it with floating lights but man it was magical like clock work these crappies would come every night at the same time for two weeks at the same place then just stop coming till the next year.
Scott Albrecht
"Banker"
www.iceprofromohio.com

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
sweet thats one of those really great happenings that just come once in a while but are very cool... ;D
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

Vexilar