Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Most Fish I have ever caught

Banker · 8 · 4869

Banker

• Global Moderator
  • With God, All things are possible. Matthew 19:26
    • View Profile
    • www.iceprofromohio.com
What was your greatest day on the ice and how many fish were caught roughly would you say....fisherman's story's accepted..it is all speculation at the end of the season right :)
Scott Albrecht
"Banker"
www.iceprofromohio.com

John 21:6 He said, "Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some."

futurestrader

• View Profile
    • Byrneinvest
I will never forget the day on a golf course pond must have been 70 gills in three hours.
Pro Staff Member
Fishing for panfish
Walleye on Erie
www.byrneinvest.com

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
My biggest number day was on wingfoot 2 years ago. Pulled just over 300 crappie sight fishing in 8 hrs. All the fish were 8-9 inches that the foot is notorious for. Had a few other days that season that I pulled 200+ crappie. It may seem like a lot of fish for 1 day but anyone who fishes the foot and really knows the lake has had days like that. I would much rather have a 20-30 crappie day with the fish averaging 14 inches like I have had on deer creek then the big number of small fish days at the foot.
Tim Smith (HardWaterJunkie)

Check out www.HalesSinkerSupply.com for all of your fishing sinker needs. Over 15 different types of sinkers and jigs in sizes from 1/100oz. to 4 lb. Make sure to ask about our custom built rods. From ice-fishing to off-shore we build them all. Message me for quotes

wballard77

• PRO STAFF
  • Wes Ballard
    • View Profile
Best day,
Lake Simcoe/Cooks Bay 2010: 200+ perch per day for 3 days!  Brought 20 Whitefish over 4lbs and 80 Perch over 12" across the border. That lake makes you feel like a pro!

Best day in the USA,
Lake St. Clair 2013: Caught 60 Perch most over 9”

Best day in Ohio,
 Indian Lake/Dream Bridge 1999: 20-30 better than keeper size Saugeye’s in 6 hrs. My dad caught almost twice that. I have not caught more than 6 keepers in one day since.  Wish I could make it to that spot every year!
Ice Fish Ohio Pro Staff

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
It was between 250-300.  I lost count after a while, but I was there dawn to dusk.  A mixed bag of crappie, bluegill and bass from an old abandoned strip mine nobody fished or knew about.  That was 10 years ago. It has since been auctioned off and 2 half million dollar houses sit there now.  I was bummed about losing my spot.  All he gills were over 8" and the crappie were all 7-15".
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

fishingful

• View Profile
Had a 45 bass day at portage on tip ups....kept one that was 21 3/4 for the wall and the others were returned but it was fun we also got around 100 gills in the shallows that day. That was around 2000

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
wore my arm out at freemont one day about 300 white bass, wound up goin to the doc for my wrist  hahahaha ;D
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

floater99

• View Profile
Fished a local pond once with my nephew we filled a five gal bkt with 7-10 inch gills.I counted 85 gills while cleaning.What a day we got abt 4" snow while fishing,the harder it snowed the better the bite. 8)

Vexilar