Ice Fish Ohio Forum

erie the ocean of ohio

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
launched at Gordon  early , lake was friendly enough as my bud and I headed out .  wind was fairly calm , water temp was 70 , with water clarity pretty good. as I cranked the throttle up and headed for 45 fow  thoughts of wally were strong. set up the dipseys  and started trolling  but the wind picked up and the waves were coming on strong now, caught the first eye on gold erie diery was 24 "   ;D  now the wind was kicken hard and trolling was difficult  so headed towards calmer water looking for some yummy perch..  set up in 37 fow  with ninnies ..a fw perch nothing special. by now the wind had calmed and the heat was on I grabbed a pair of pliers to remove a hook and threw them down ,,,too hot to Handel....had the sun roof up but was still hooottttttttt.. trolling again produced some very big white bass , small mouth, sheep head....rock bass.....by now my bud and I were heat sick so leaving was the plan ....maybe next time better weather.....more fish  8)   see ya
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
Thats sad times when it becomes to hot to fish :(
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
yeah I hear ya about being too hot 2 fish.... 8)   went up 2 lorain last weekend    perch, white bass, sheep heads or the other name drum...catfish ,  and man it was hot  then the wind really rock and rolled :P     when its rough enough too barf its rollin  hahahahaha
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

Vexilar