Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Sportsmen's Direct a new Sponsor

OIM · 6 · 7754

OIM

• Manager of Retail Operations with Sportsmen's Dire
    • View Profile
    • Sportsmen's Direct
Well 1st I want to say we are happy to finally be a sponsor here on the board. I know a few you guys made your way up to lake St. Clair last winter and some even stopped by. For those that don't know where our retail store is located we are right in the heart of some of the best ice fishing waters on Lake St. Clair. We are located just south of Gino's and the Metro Park. We carry the largest tackle selection for ice fishing in all of South East Michigan.

Sportsmen's Direct
36072 Jefferson Ave
Harrison Twp, Mi 48045

Now for a little history about us. Sportsmen's Direct was started by it Owner John Bacarella who is a 15 plus year vet of the tournament ice fishing and has qualified for the NAIFC 10 times in those years. John saw a need for somethings in the market so he got his engineering mind to work. He made the Sonic Ice Hopper, soon he formed a online retail store called Sportsmen's Direct to sell his products. The Sonic Ice Hopper which is still one of our flagship products and is used by many of the best sticks that fish the tourney trail through out the country. Another staple with Sportsmen's Direct is the "Original Heavy Metal Tungsten Jigs", our Pro Series is the only  tungsten jigs that are hand painted right here in the USA.

About two years I came on board to manage and run and manage all the retail operations of the very first brick and mortar retail store here on Lake St. Clair. I met John competing against him on the Trap Attack series, I also do freelance outdoor writing and manage my own blog Out in Michigan(which since doing the retail store I haven't had much time for).I have even been on TV a few times and did some guiding and 1st mate work on Lake Erie.

John and I worked together to bring ice fishermen some more products such has the Ice Slammer Rod Series,Extreme Finesse Rods, The Tight Line Reel and Tight Line Extreme which is still the lightest geared fly style reel on the market today. We also make and design our own rod blanks for the guys that wants to make there own rods the " Extreme Taper Rod blanks". Which we just released a 48 inch model. We also are introducing the 1st of its kind the "Flat Line Rod". The Flat Line rod is unique design never seen before. I will talk more about all our products soon in a post highlighting some of the features so stay tune.

We work with many other Ice Fishing companies in the designing of products like the all new "versa-mite" from J & S Custom Jigs, Micro Spoons and Jig Candy Plastics, Little Atom and many more.

We look forward to sharing our knowledge with everyone here on the board.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 06:49:18 AM by OIM »

36072 Jefferson Ave
Harrison Twp, Mi 48045
In the heart of the action on Lake St. Clair

TURKEY09

• PRO STAFF
    • View Profile
Welcome aboard. Glad your a sponsor on here. May try to make it up to St. Clair in January.
turkey09

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
Great Post and thank you for sponsoring the site.

We all look forward to your post and fishing reports from St Clair.

I am sure we will all be getting up there this season.

Keep us posted.
David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

Northeast Panfish League

• Year-round Competition Panfishin!
    • View Profile
    • Northeast Panfish League
Welcome to the sponsor club. I've heard lots of great things abouts sportsmens Direct and have seen the ice hopper in use.

firefish532

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
I have been in your store many of times but for bass fishing and if you guys have half the stuff for ice you do for bass I will be there this winter you guys do a great job for fisherman thanks
Firefish

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com

OIM

• Manager of Retail Operations with Sportsmen's Dire
    • View Profile
    • Sportsmen's Direct
I have been in your store many of times but for bass fishing and if you guys have half the stuff for ice you do for bass I will be there this winter you guys do a great job for fisherman thanks

I like to think we have more ;D

36072 Jefferson Ave
Harrison Twp, Mi 48045
In the heart of the action on Lake St. Clair

Vexilar