Ice Fish Ohio Forum

CJ ice check 1/22

xtown icer

• View Profile
I'll be there Sunday about 8:45. I guess the Dam bait shop open at 8:30 on the weekend. Does anyone know if they got their minnows in yet. They told me two weeks ago they should have them by now. I will try the state boat ramp area if possible.

lowellhturner

• View Profile
Due W of the Park is St Rt 4; going N (right) from Croft Rd is a county store that has excellent bait AND tackle...anybody have a portable sonar? There are at 2 other sets in the #11 series...all are with in 500` of each other.

lowellhturner

• View Profile
DUH- I forgot to mention, they open 7AMish...btw, hope to drop off 2 slightly used "C" trees before leaving; if you have 1 laying around, feel free to bring it with you to "donate"...we have a place for it ! Cedar, hedge apple (osage orange) is likewise gratefully accepted by the truck load...unpainted blocks, 10 hole red bricks...

Tin Guppy

• View Profile
I think with the temps they are calling for for the next week we will have a decent ice season this year.

fshman_165

• View Profile
Went out this morning onto the main lake. We found 9 to 12 inches of good ice in the area we fished. We stayed away from some areas I watched this week, areas that were open on Tuesday. They should all be good next week. Felt nice to pull some good fish out of 24 and 29 feet of water this morning. Just ate lunch and am heading back out solo. I will stay closer to shore this afternoon. With the weather out there and being by myself I will not venture too far out...be safe and take all the safety gear and the proper precautions...there are still some spots to avoid.

bootyman

• View Profile
Any updates from this afternoon? Hows the ice and fishin? Thanks

dcp103

• View Profile
well looks like I wont be making it tomorrow but hoping to make it Wednesday and/or next sunday have shanty, heater, 2 rods, and an auger I do ok on pan fish if I can find them but I have never fished cj brown or fished for walleyes any tips? and if someone could help put me on some fish would be much appreciated if anyone will be there those days I'll even split the keepers with you as I have a freezer full from this summer

thanks guys

lowellhturner

• View Profile
I  must deal with a (deleted deleted) frozen pipe today.  dcp. will take you up on your offer; where do you live ? Is the shanty fairly easy to move? Lastly I smoke, but will go "outside"...

dcp103

• View Profile
It is a 2 man shanty and it folds and is light moves pretty easy I live between cincy and Dayton bringing a friend of mine that has never been and just moved here from Arizona so I'd like to see him catch a few fish

lowellhturner

• View Profile
The (deleted) pipe is fixed. I HATE plumbing...

Salmonid

• View Profile
Lowell, you need to get your priorities straight...LOL ;)  Pipes can wait, fishing cannot!!

Salmonid

lowellhturner

• View Profile
Salmonid, I honestly TRIED to present the situation in pretty much those EXACT terms. I dutifully explained "We HAVE hot water in the bathroom; it`s not like it`s THAT far away from the kitchen sink, and I had IMPORTANT plans..." Just in case you ever find yourself in a similar situation, I am going to go `out on a limb` and pretty much BET you are going to FIX the stupid (deleted) pipe...or `ELSE` ! Stupid (deleted) pipe...

jigginjim03

• View Profile
Can anyone offer any tips for locating walleye? Fished around main boat ramp and nobody seemed to be fishing for them. Coming back up next weekend thinking about main channel west of campground. Any tips greatly appreciated. I have hut, auger, and gps/flasher

lowellhturner

• View Profile
Go to page #3> GPS locations for CJ Brown fish attractors> #26A and B and enter them. Get with me when you are ready to come on out...

Vexilar