Ice Fish Ohio Forum

CJ ice check 1/22

lowellhturner

• View Profile
Has anyone fished the #9 series on the Corps side ? 11 sets of "C" trees and mulberry "BB"s origionally in 8-15 fow, due to the steep bank and underwater slope some are deeper...

fshman_165

• View Profile
A friend checked the west shore today. I checked a few spots mid lake. What I have found in the last few trips is that the larger crappies are on the move....most have been suspended along breaks. The attractors have plenty of smaller fish. I have yet to find big crappies on any of the attractors. Tonight, I found large crappies and bluegills suspended off a break from 12 to 18 feet of water. Fish were suspended at 15 feet. The gills were the largest I have seen in awhile. Crappies were not as numerous but averaged 12 inches. I did catch 2 eyes, with 1 being 15 and one just short.

Tin Guppy

• View Profile
I thought that was your truck there tonight. Suttalo and I tryed just inside the marina and got 4 crappies and 1 little gill, lots of lookers but few bites. Ice in side the marina was 12".

lowellhturner

• View Profile
Am going for Sat or Sunday, which ever has better weather...

fshman_165

• View Profile
Rusty,

You should head out to the main lake. So that was you I walked past as I headed out onto the main lake. I got off the lake at 7 tonight.  Ice was 12 + inches everywhere I drilled tonight. Marina fish are moving around so much it makes no sense chasing them. Larger fish (and more of them) are out on the main.

dcp103

• View Profile
Think the ice will still be fishable Sunday?

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
O yes, it may even be thicker. If the rain melts the snow and it refreezes overnight you can actually gain ice. But if not, it'll take more than one day to mess up the ice. We will have ice until spring now!!
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

bluekingbacon

• View Profile
heading out to the marina in the morning probably be there around 10 or 11am. if anyone wants to join me and my son we will be in a two tone (blue and silver ) Chevy s10. hope to see you there rusty.
bacon

lowellhturner

• View Profile
 "YES Dear" stuff came up AGAIN. I AM going next wkend...

lowellhturner

• View Profile
BTW, nice meeting you Bruce ! Guess Tin Guppy and others were on the old barn foundation and golf course lake...hopefully they had some luck !

Tin Guppy

• View Profile
Went out on main lake yesterday and the ice was 9"-12". We only found little perch and a few crappie. Fished 8:00am-4:30pm at least we got out, there was 6 trucks at the main ramp. :D

lowellhturner

• View Profile
WARNING ! The local rds are EXTREMELY SLICK and ICY ! Use CAUTION ! Please be SAFE ! And PUNCH a walleye in the mouth for me, ok ? (is it LEGAL to use small perch as bait ?!?)

fshman_165

• View Profile
Fishing is getting really good again...fish are definitely not in a normal pattern. Look very deep or very shallow. Walleyes have pretty much moved to a low light bite.

Vexilar