Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Saturday 1/26 Fishing Results

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Just curious if anybody did any good during Saturdays blizzard conditions. 

Wonder if the fish were actually in a feed state or simply lock-jawed b/c of the weather & snow.

You dont have to post where you fished.  I just wantto know the results of the die-hards who ventured out.

BTW: Some of the best days I've ever had were when conditions were the worst. 

We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

Fishin 2

• View Profile
A couple of us fished Indian Lake @ cranberry, fri afternoon, a bust. 1 small crappie. Man was that wind howling, thought it was gonna rip the shanty apart. Ice is good 10 inches, watch coming off land, thin by dock walls. Glad they make a high setting on my buddy heater !!! ;D  Mike
Take a Kid Fishing, You'll need the help Carrying Fish  !!

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
I didn't fish yesterday, but wish I could've. A few years back I was fishing during that February storm that dumped almost 2' of snow. The wind wasn't quite as bad as yesterday, but blowing. The weight of the snow made my shanty roof sag. I was on Deer Creek, and the monster crappies. Between 10-15". Right before the storm and for about the first 3 hours of it, fishing was on fire. Then it just died, tried everything, but they wouldn't even come look at it. My Vex screen barely moved. I tried for an hour then headed home.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

snag

• View Profile
Well, after all the discussion about meeting trapperjon on Mogodore, I ended up staying home and watching giant gusts of wind blow whiteout conditions in my backyard.  

Wish I would have gone out............ :D
« Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 08:42:55 AM by Snag »

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
well my son and I did venture out sat . and I have to say it was brutal, started out at nimi but because the conditions were getting worse decided to stay closer to home wound up at wingfoot...strapped down the pop up and cranked up my double buddy heater ..the snow was sideways and the drifts reached above knees.. :P  didn't move after setting up just to brutal... :P  fished straight from main park looking at the hanger, about 11 fow, water clarity was sorta bad only about 4 ft..fish moved around all day but they were really light on the bite...mostly perch with a few gills and couple of crappies..wound up about 22 fish... :-X  the snow drifts were getting off the lake wow,  deep.. :-\   oh well next time  hope the weather is better 8)
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

swedish nipple

• just like fishining out of a barrell
    • View Profile
Fished mosquito at the cemetery Saturday and off 305 today. Marked a ton of fish but most of them were lock jawed. Ended up with a dozen fish for 2 days  :'(     Saturday morning the ice was smooth and slick by the time we got off after dark the whole lake had around 7" of snow on it. Made pulling tough on the way back in. Today I took the pack shack. Much easier than dragging my shanty through the snow. Every whole I drilled had 10-12"  crystal clear ice.
Spencer Lake, Wellington, Willard, Chippewa, Oberlin

Buckeye John

• View Profile
I took my Grandson and his friend out Saturday. I as going to CJ Brown but remembered he just turned 16 and didn't have a licence.I couldn't see getting him a licence since we need new ones next week so we hit a farm pond. We caught 6 bass and had 2 break off at the hole, we had 1 crappie that was 14 1/4 and was really thick. And yes it was BRUTAL out there.

tomb

• View Profile
Fished Ladue Sat and Skeeter Sunday. Caught lots of small crappie, perch, and white perch before 11 am Sat, then they shut off. Only one fish on Sunday. Lots of lookers all day. I have had some banner trips in snowstorms before. Not this time :'(

Vexilar