Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Skunked

dcp103 · 19 · 11759

dcp103

• View Profile
I went up and fished the marina for about 4 hours on Sunday and boy did we get skunked not even a nibble, tried multiple bait and jig combos and nothing I didn't get on Ice until about noon. Was wondering if anyone else had the same problem on Sunday and seeing if anyone is going out Wednesday ?

Green Pea

• View Profile
I have been getting my butt kicked there on a regular basis for over a week. I mark tons of fish and throw everything but my rod down the hole and nothing.

I know how you feel. I imagine the bite will pick up soon.

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
had the same problem in   N E  lately these fish seem to have lock jaw.. :-\   oh wait except for the cat fish, cant seem to not catch them nowadays   heheheh :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

lowellhturner

• View Profile
NEVER FEAR, I shall sally forth (assuming can get a lift) and show you as importantly `WHERE` as `how`...see you Saturday or Sunday !

dcp103

• View Profile
I'm hopefully going to be up Wednesday and Sunday

lowellhturner

• View Profile
The freezing temps will refreeze the lake; it should be safe to go about anywhere upon CJ...

Tin Guppy

• View Profile
I got 7-8 crappie and 2 WB yesterday afternoon biggest crappie 11" and biggest WB 11". It seems that if you go in the deeper water I'am doing a little better. Also it still was making ice popping and cracking like crazy.

fshman_165

• View Profile
I have patterned them pretty well...it took a couple of 2 trip days but I have found a pattern that is "so far from a normal early February bite" that its just plain strange. I was working 34 feet of water yesterday and pulled 20 white bass and about 30 crappies. About 12 to 14 of the crappies were 10.5 to 11 inches and all the whites were about 13 inches. Saturday, I pulled a full crappie limit..the smallest fish kept were about 10.5...and I culled through them to upgrade about 15 of them. Big crappie was just under 14 with at least half of my fish about 12 inches. The other fellas with me did very well also. I found fish in 6 to 7 feet of water over SPECIFIC bottom content with deeper water close. The fish seem to be very deep or very shallow. I have found them recently as shallow as 4 and 5 feet and as deep as 36 feet.

lowellhturner

• View Profile
fshman_165, WANT to `get with you this wkend, pretty please ?

Buffy

• View Profile
We were skunked on Sunday at the marina, too. We hope to get out tomorrow, so the question is - do we return to the marina or access the lake somewhere else? I'm guessing that the people who are catching are using live minnows?

dcp103

• View Profile
Anyone going out Sunday and willing to help my friend and I find some fish?

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
I don't know this lake, but the fish are definitely in a midwinter pattern. Look for deep water with a semi-sticky bottom, not real muddy.  I've been doing pretty well where others are complaining of not catching by moving out away from the crowd. Drop offs with flats near by are the key, find this and you'll find fish. I haven't caught anything in less then 10' of water for over 10 days now. Everything on waxworm, sometimes I think the minnows almost move too much. Find some sort of cover/structure in the 10-20' range and you'll find fish. Drill a lot of holes.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

lowellhturner

• View Profile

Tin Guppy

• View Profile
I got 25 crappie and 1 cat today in 29' of water. If I had kept all the legal fish I would have had 14-16 fish.

lowellhturner

• View Profile
Leave at least 1 limit for Sunday, sir !

Vexilar