Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Ohio Power

FreezyP

• View Profile
Any One ever ice fish Ohio Power?

FatherNson

• View Profile
I've had friends that did, but not through the ice.  I'd be game to try it.

g

• View Profile
The ponds there are fairly deep so if you try them, be sure to spud your way out and back to ensure your safety. They do have nice size fish in them. If you go, good luck and be safe.

snag

• View Profile
I have fished Ohio Power many, many years ago.  We did fairly well through the ice down there.  Be careful though....those are old strip pits and some of the ice can be thinner in areas.  We took ice picks for safety purposes.   I wouldn't go alone.

fool4fish

• View Profile
I like my varieties when choosing a destenation over 40 min drive I don't prefer to catch bass n it's far for gills but heard of crappie in some ponds but never seen or caught any soft water myself so I really like the area n there are nice gills in some but the state imposed limit on gills tells me population numbers are struggling I'll think I'll opt to hit once those regs have time to help it rebound but I'm intrested anyone in the know could sway my opinion haven't been down there in a while
It goes without saying if its anything worth doing might as well do it right

FreezyP

• View Profile
Thanks fellas my buddy and I are gonna hit it this weekend..  i will post details!!!

fool4fish

• View Profile
Looking forward to it
It goes without saying if its anything worth doing might as well do it right

Vexilar