Ice Fish Ohio Forum

storm Sunday

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
What is everyone supposed to get? It's another 3-5" of snow here in Northeast Ohio for us. Sick of snow! !  Cold is fine, I can ice fish. I'm sick of plowing snow and dragging my shanty thru it! :( >:(  I'm running out of places to push snow. 
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

LeeinOH

• Niles McKinley #794
    • View Profile
Hey Slab... You need to build yourself a Smitty sled. Makes all the difference in the world...You can  find a thread on ice shanty.

holehopper

• Thy seas are so great,and my boat is so small.
    • View Profile
4 to 6 in. here,followed by 3 days of rain,not the best forecast for us. :-[
I love sports,especially one I can do sitting down!                                                                          Freshwater Drum-Life Member                                                                      Trigger-X

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I have the skis and plans. Just to busy on the ice to build it!  Looks like a summer project now.  ;D
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

fishintechnician

• PRO STAFF
  • IFO Prostaff
    • View Profile
Haven't said how much snow we are supposed to get but calling for 2-3" of rain tues and wed!!! Not good for the ice. Monday might be my last day on the ice this year:

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I know. The rain will hurt the edges, but there's enough of a base at least up north here we will still have good ice but might need to plank on. Getting ready for bass season soon!

Team Wilcraft!

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
I hear ya on the snow im tired of it being so deep , makes even my sled hard to pull, will be nice to take out the boat but maybe march eh? :P
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

crappiehunter

• View Profile
last I heard for canton where im at we are getting 6-10 but I doubt we will get that much. im definitely going sunday though screw the snow  ;D

Fishingoat

• View Profile
Yeah the snow is rough.  Gotta get runners.  Heard we are looking at 1-4 over the weekend in NE around Medina Co.  I think the warm rain on tues will be good to knock some of the snow down.  Looks like the rest of the week temps drop again and might firm it back up.  Not real long term but for the time being. 
If anyone knows Queen Elsa from Frozen, please give her a shout and ask for a little more time. 
Born to fish.   No plan B.

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I'm in Canton too, and I think we'll have more time. The rain isn't going to melt 8" of snow and around 20" or so of ice in 2 days.  Will be fishing for a couple more weeks at least!  ;D

Team Wilcraft!

crappiehunter

• View Profile
I've been saying ice fishing until April for weeks now lol

Fishingoat

• View Profile
Yep, I'm going to keep going until the spud punches thru. This post did make me realize it is not going to last forever tho.  I i forget that.  I started to have bad thought.  Mowing the lawn, leaf pick up....

Need to go to a happy place.  Shantys, power augers, walleye, bikini's.   Wait bikinis.  That's summer.  Oh No!!!   It's starting!!!
Born to fish.   No plan B.

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
The sticker for my bass boat trailer just came in the mail yesterday. I'm not ready for ice season to be over, I'm out of places to pile snow, but not done with ice fishing.  Put my long plank on the truck yesterday just in case I need it next week.

Team Wilcraft!

g

• View Profile
Calling for 1-3 tonight and 1-3 inches tomorrow in Xenia. Have to play on the snowmobile if we get it

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
oh oh  slab is loading his plank, time for me to prep the boat   ;D
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

Vexilar