Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Thats it, till next year.

crv423 · 8 · 5139

crv423

• Global Moderator
  • Catching is only half the fun!
    • View Profile
Well I fished my last time on the ice tonight, rains coming tomorrow, family obligations next two days, so I retired my gear. Fished Alum one last time, caught a few smaller eyes, crappie, and white bass, what a beautiful day to end it on, I was fishing with a long sleeve t shirt on. This year ended up being a great year, met a lot of good people on the ice, accomplished my main goal of catching eyes from Alum, nothing real big, 4 lbs being the biggest from the lake, but had fun doing it, and stumbled upon some good perch and crappie spots. Hope everyone else enjoyed the season as much as I did, till next year.
Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Alum Creek, Buckeye lake guide

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
it was a good year also for me , but all good things come to an end ..see ya next ice ....
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
It was a great year!   I didn't find the giant crappie this year though, 12" was my biggest. First year no fish Ohio crappie in the last 5 ice seasons. Guess I made up for it with all the big bass. It was the first year I had a pattern for bass fishing on ice. I still have my clam chair in the truck, going to try 1 or 2 more times even though I set up my shanty in the basement until next December.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

30inthabucket

• Ice fishing calls... I answer
    • View Profile
Yep. Think I'm done... Fished all weekend, then snuck out at noon yesterday and made it to indian by 230 ( after a 55 in a 35 speeding ticket :'( ) caught 9 keeper crappie including a 13.5 inch white and probably 25 big gills. Nice way to end my first ice season. Can't believe I waited this long to try it.thanks to all the help from ifo site and members. Now time to get my honey do list done and wait for open water. Be safe if you're still fishing

fishintechnician

• PRO STAFF
  • IFO Prostaff
    • View Profile
I retired my gear yesterday, started the spring cleaning and getting the boat ready. I'll be ready once the ice is all gone. Chris is was great fishing with you this year. We will have to get together over the open water season.

toadfish

• View Profile
Other than a trip to Lake Erie and catching the only fish (6# eye) from our group of 6, I had a horrible year.  No keepers except for some gills that I gave away, they were too small for my standards.  Weather, work and family obligations kept me from fishing as much as I would have liked.  Hopefully next season will be better, it will be hard to get worse than this season.

At least some of you guys had a good season.
Pro ice fisherman, amateur icefishing catcherman.

fishingful

• View Profile
Was supposed to be on Erie today. But had to be at work. Dad finished up with a limit about an hour ago. Going to try to get one more inland trip in this year. I got tired of catching crappie and gills. Good trip to mosquito this year and more time on Erie than ever. Including the best trip ever! Need to get some stuff done before open water.

holehopper

• Thy seas are so great,and my boat is so small.
    • View Profile
great catch,and a great dinner. ;)
I love sports,especially one I can do sitting down!                                                                          Freshwater Drum-Life Member                                                                      Trigger-X

Vexilar