Ice Fish Ohio Forum

NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES UPDATE

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
I must say thank you guys for all the effort , with the weather being wishy washy  it had to be tough planning. and if ya don't have any momentum its a rough jump start just sayin...thnx  8)
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

nixmkt

• View Profile
I apologize for not getting the rules posted in a better format, I work 60-70 hours per week and spent my days off obtaining permits,sponsors,having fliers printed,banners,delivering those fliers and banners to all the sponsers,make arrangements for donations,advertising ,making phone calls,emails,and the list goes on and on. But I am very sorry for dropping the ball on this matter and will work hard in the future to correct it.

No question it takes a huge amount of time and effort to organize and prepare for a tourney, vastly more than most people realize, and you are to be commended for doing so.

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
Thanks snow cone,a lot goes into this behind the scenes and it's extremely hard to plan with poor weather conditions like we've had this season. It's hard to juggle when so much happens during the summer and no one's thinking about ice fishing
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

MEKlukow

• View Profile
I can't even imagine how much work goes into these events, and you do it all on top of a time intensive job. We're all so grateful for everything you do to make the ice season more enjoyable  :D thank you!

akroncats

• View Profile
Just drove by Nimi right before dark.  The whole lake is wide open except for the very shallow portion of the coves......

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
I think we will be OK to fish the bays like c-5 etc, I'm on pins and needles right now until we have good fishable ice, keep checking in for updates,I will personally  check the ice Saturday.
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
if nimi is open now its goin to pushing it for the weekend I believe, maybe some of the other lakes will freeze first to get on...?

Fish2Win

• View Profile
My buddy walked a 100ft off the pavilion today at wingfoot, but he didn't check the thickness though. The whole lake is locked up right now

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
well he has more kahunas than me because I would be baby steps pounding aaway  with my spud.  ;D   lets guess on ice thickness right now , I say 3 " at most because itys only 15 ft deep.

wingfoot on top and nimi on bott
and some pics of nimi before it was a lake
« Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 09:08:31 PM by snowcone »

Downthehole

• View Profile
Nimisilla event is scheduled for Sunday 1-17-2016, check in starts at 6:30 am and weigh in starts at 2:45 pm. Entry fee is $30 per team or individual. Rules are posted under the pan fish series board and copies will also be handed out at the check in station. Any questions please feel free to call me at 330-313-0260. Thanks
                 Nate Oman (ntoiceman36)
                 Director NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
                 PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

Thanks Nate!
Newbie to ice fishing but loving it!

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
 At this time it is with a heavy heart that I must inform you that due to poor conditions the nimisila event will need to be rescheduled. I have spotters on the lake today and it is almost completely open water again. It is possible that wingfoot could be moved forward to this upcoming sunday. After checking the conditions I will update,stay tuned.
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
I have some today pics 36

Downthehole

• View Profile
At this time it is with a heavy heart that I must inform you that due to poor conditions the nimisila event will need to be rescheduled. I have spotters on the lake today and it is almost completely open water again. It is possible that wingfoot could be moved forward to this upcoming sunday. After checking the conditions I will update,stay tuned.

That's a shame but thank you for keeping us all informed and the work you put into organizing this series....

Downthehole

• View Profile
I'm gutted that this event isn't happening - looks like ICEWOW is my only option:

http://www.icefishohio.com/index.php?topic=12730.msg41284#msg41284

Andy

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
 Oh my friends it's gonna happen! I appreciate all the patience and soon we will be drilling holes.
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

Vexilar