Ice Fish Ohio Forum

NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES UPDATE

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
  OK fellow ice fishermen I think it's safe to say at this point it will be a GO next weekend for the wingfoot lake event,check in will be at the Pavillion at 630 am followed by a quick pep talk ! As of yesterday there was between 3.5 and 4" of ice and growing,pending tonights rain I believe we will be clear. Stayed tuned for updates. Be advised open water does still exist in areas of wingfoot. As always be safe and spud your path on and off the ice. With next week's cold Temps our conditions should improve
« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 05:15:34 PM by Ntoiceman36 »
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

wis2ohio

• View Profile
Is there a local bait shop to get bait before the event and what street is the pavillion on? i have never been here before so this place will be new to me

fishingful

• View Profile
http://www.ohiogamefishing.com/threads/today-wingfoot-ice-thickness.292105/page-2

Just posted a report on ogf. Entire east shore is open and across the islands. Not looking good. Hope the wind dies down 

wis2ohio

• View Profile
If wingfoot isn't locked up will it be switched to nimi?

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
Wingfoot will be fishable we may have to limit areas,people are already fishing wingfoot
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

wis2ohio

• View Profile
Ok. Now where is the bait store from the launching area and where is the launching area? I have never been here

nixmkt

• View Profile
Wingfoot will be fishable we may have to limit areas,people are already fishing wingfoot

???  Did you read fishingful's report and look at his photos?  Open areas have grown substantially during single digit temps. Forecast is still below freezing but steadily increasing temps the rest of the week.

fishingful

• View Profile
Mogadore bait and tackle is on mogadore road. 8-10 min from the lake. Just south of mogadore lake.

Like I posted there was a guy fishing the north ramp a few hundred yards from the launch. I don't have first-hand experience on the ice there. There has been people on that area scince last Friday. It was 3.5 inches then. I live 5 min from wing foot so will keep checking.

I have seen post where nimisilla is worse off.

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
The wingfoot event will continue as scheduled unless conditions change, if necessary I will limit the areas we can fish. I have eyes on the lake pretty much daily including my own. Winds are supposed to decrease tremendously so that should help our cause,keep checking back for further information
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

Bigeyurk25

• View Profile
How will you mark off the bad areas? Just wondering, very interested in fishing this sunday

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
 After check in we will go over it as a group,then we will all launch from the boat ramp,the winds have decreased and I'm hoping with 3 days till the tournament it may still freeze over completely, regardless we will still have a event,hope to see you there, it's a lot of fun
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

nixmkt

• View Profile
Looking like you called it right Ntoiceman36.  Tip of the hat to you.  Glad the ice is going that direction.

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
Thanks, getting pretty pumped the series is getting ready to start,it's been my goal to get people out on the ice and enjoy some friendly competition and get some fresh air. I think we all can use a break from the everyday hustle of life. Our sponsors have donated some great stuff I will be giving away at each event along with the cash pay outs and the big fish pots. Come on out and join us,you won't regret it!
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
Excellent news,coffee and donuts will greet you in the morning
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

Vexilar