Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Crappie bite was hot 01/23-24/16

Slick50 · 21 · 16154

Slick50

• View Profile
Marina, ice is 6,7 inches. Largest Crappie in 2 days was 12 inches, but plenty of keepers with plenty of Bream mixed in. 19 keeper Crappie yesterday from sun up until about 2pm. For every keeper threw back at least 3 dinks. Kept 7 Bream also. 6 keeper Crappie the evening of 01/23/16 with 18 Bream, had my 2 young daughters out for a couple hours ages 13 and 8.

Optfish

• Trout from Antrim
    • View Profile
happy you got out. where you using a flasher unit, or bobbers or just jigging?  hope your girls caught fish too.

Slick50

• View Profile
No flasher, Im just familiar with a brush pile I fish year round. My girls caught all the fish on 01/23/16 with horizontal jigs with wax worms and I went out th next morning alone and got everything on jigging Raps.

Optfish

• Trout from Antrim
    • View Profile
great keep up with those girls. nice to hear.  my gr chilcren love to fish in summer havent try ice with them yet. but I will.

Green Pea

• View Profile
No flasher, Im just familiar with a brush pile I fish year round. My girls caught all the fish on 01/23/16 with horizontal jigs with wax worms and I went out th next morning alone and got everything on jigging Raps.
Do you tip the Jigging Raps with anything.

Slick50

• View Profile
Nope, I didnt tip and a slow methodical presentation was best.

holehopper

• Thy seas are so great,and my boat is so small.
    • View Profile
fun outing for you and the kids,congrats on the good catch. :D
I love sports,especially one I can do sitting down!                                                                          Freshwater Drum-Life Member                                                                      Trigger-X

Slick50

• View Profile
Thanks Holehopper!  8) Always feels good to get the kids a tight line when they come out.

g

• View Profile
Memories that will last each of you a lifetime. Congrats and great job.

Slick50

• View Profile
Memories that will last each of you a lifetime. Congrats and great job.

Very true g!

1catdaddy1

• View Profile
good crappie bite all afternoon today.bunches of dinks as usual,but had 24 keepers.ice is still 4-5 inches everywhere I was around docks.

Slick50

• View Profile
Yep, fish were close to docks this evening. You clean up pretty good 1catdaddy

bruce136

• View Profile
 It was nice talking to you guys yesterday.
 Cat, i was wondering how many you ended up with.
 Slick, thanks for the company.

Bought some jigs, caught some fish.... It was a good trip to CJ.

30inthabucket

• Ice fishing calls... I answer
    • View Profile
Well either the fish were just not hungry tonight or I just suck. Went out for awhile after work. Marked plenty of fish but only had a few bites. Caught a few small gills and two little crappie. Tried a few things but they wouldn't commit. Gonna try it again in the morning. Anyone have any tips for me?

Vexilar