Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Houghton lake ?

Fishfeeder

• View Profile
Heading there tomorrow. Anybody been there, let me know what part you fished. What did you catch, bait.

Saw guy

• View Profile
Go to Lyman's to get emerald shiners for walleye and pike. If you're going for panfish, waxworms and spikes do the job well. Lyman's is on the west side of the lake. It is located on rt 55. The exit is right off of I-75. The guys at Lyman's will give you all of the info that you need, and direct you to the right location for fish. Always helpful. Can also get your Michigan licenses there if you don't have them. Hope to see some nice pics when you get back. Good luck.

g

• View Profile
Good luck Keith. Hope the weather and fish cooperate for you.

bucknuts

• View Profile
Free fishing weekend in Michigan is only for residents! Be careful....
Know our history or we are bound to repeat it!

swedish nipple

• just like fishining out of a barrell
    • View Profile
not true!! it totally includes Out of state fisherman.
I was at Lake Mitchell this past weekend.
Spencer Lake, Wellington, Willard, Chippewa, Oberlin

Fishfeeder

• View Profile
Yes, free weekend was for everyone. Out of four days I only paid for two. Fishing was slow, very slow. Not as many people out as I thought there would be. Fished the public access behind rite aid. area is from 10fow to 5fow. Nobody caught much. Mostly dink perch and small pike. First day I decided to head out farther for deeper water. The deep water is about 1 1/2 miles or more out, I worked my way to about 1/2 mile total. Found 14fow. Caught a few gills . Was about to move when one pole I had in holder just took off. That was the 18in bass. What a pig. I had my 6in auger and had to reach down in the hole to grab him and pull it up. But was a good fight and thrill to catch. Caught a few pike on big minnows. Biggest was 19in. I felt kind of out of place. Everyone there uses 10in auger and me with a 6in. LOL. Moving around I used holes already drilled from previous days. Didn't get cold enough at night to freeze them back over. Still had a good time and would love to go back when fishing is better.

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
thats cool you even got to go ,  ;D
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

g

• View Profile
Congrats. At least you got to go and caught some fish. Relish the experience and next trip there you will have a better idea where to fish. Great job Keith.

Fishfeeder

• View Profile
You got me mixed up with someone else g. I'm Pete.

g

• View Profile

g

• View Profile
Sorry Pete, when we introduced ourselves at Rocky, I thought you said your name was Keith. Now I know better.

Fishfeeder

• View Profile

Vexilar