Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Next year plans.

Fishfeeder

• View Profile
Who's making plans for next year besides me and where you thinking of going. I'm considering Houghton again but will be looking around. I enjoyed Petenwell lake in wi but long drive. Myself, can't wait. People tell me i'm crazy because I enjoy sitting on a frozen lake more than sitting on a lake in the summer. But hey, I was born in January.

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
I'm with you my friend, nothing beats the tranquility of ice fishing!
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

Evinrude58

• View Profile
I love all fishing but ice fishing does have some advantages over soft water. In the heat of the summer you can only take off so much to cool off or you could get arrested. Ice fishing you can always add another layer to keep warm or bust out the shanty and buddy heater. Ice fishing gives you access to the whole lake without having to buy a boat. Ice fishing there are no pleasure boats or jet skis. Easier to keep minnows alive in the winter.

Wouldn't mind making a trip to that state up north next year. I did enjoy fishing Houghton but you definitely need transportation to really cover that lake.

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
I just hope we have ice!!!!  Travel might not be possible yet with the baby, but I'm already going thru my ice gear to get ready for next winter. I got out 2 times for a total of about 6 hours this winter. I hope we get ice in November!! 
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
cmon global warming lol
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

Fishfeeder

• View Profile
Got to be more than just four of us planning on a trip. Looking for idea's ,places to go. My plan is to start stashing some money back to do a trip. Mostly for gas , lodging. Not much for a guide service. Hotel's themselves are pricey enough. Fish on my "ice fishing radar" this year is northern pike, big walleye and big perch. I've pulled little ones through the ice but not anything of size. That's my goal this year. What's yours?

g

• View Profile
Too early for me to plan any trips. If Erie ices up, I will go there as often as possible. Have a snowmobile trip in the works going to Curtis, Mi. and is on Middle Manistee Lake.

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
I'm with ya G! Hoping lake Erie freezes up real good . If not I might be up for a travel to get my fix
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

Fishfeeder

• View Profile
Fishing Erie is definitely be something I want to do. From down here , Erie would be a trip.   

Vexilar