Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Yea it's starting

Tin Guppy · 32 · 14183

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
I hope so!  My first Ice sled is packed and ready. I don’t take the full shanty out the first couple weeks to keep weight down since I’ll go on 2 1/2 to 3” of ice. Especially if it’s clear Ice!
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

30inthabucket

• Ice fishing calls... I answer
    • View Profile
I try not to stress about when we are gonna get ice throughout the fall but I'm getting a little excited... Forecast looks promising. Wind isn't helping anything but if it dies down the temps are looking good. Hope to be on Indian within a couple weeks. Maybe next weekend. Fingers crossed. I've had a very good fall fishing season but I'm ready to drill some holes

quackpot

• View Profile
I'm hoping to hit Indian next weekend also, we will have to meet up.

30inthabucket

• Ice fishing calls... I answer
    • View Profile

g

• View Profile
I agree Aaron, hope the wind calms down. Temps look favorable as long as the wind gives us a break. Hope we will be on Indian next weekend too. Hope to see you and Bobby on ice next weekend.

Just reeleyez

• View Profile
The wind has been dying down in the evenings, at least here in the city. A good week of teens at night and we should be good to go!

toadfish

• View Profile
Lets just hope any snow that falls does not mess things up.  Temps are looking pretty good.  Grand lake St. Marys has some skim ice on the channels and there was ice along the rocks where the wind had been blowing water up on them.  It won't be too long now!
Pro ice fisherman, amateur icefishing catcherman.

holehopper

• Thy seas are so great,and my boat is so small.
    • View Profile
15 day forecast looks very favorable (fingers crossed)................. :)
I love sports,especially one I can do sitting down!                                                                          Freshwater Drum-Life Member                                                                      Trigger-X

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
FRIDAY DEC. 15TH!!!!!!!
We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
well again my guess for ice here   I say jan 8   + -    couple days
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

Ketchum

• View Profile
I have couple shallow farms ponds I'm hopeing to get on real soon. Being optimistic for next weekend lol. Got alot new gear I'm itching to try out. Been packed up ready to go for a month....bring on the cold

quackpot

• View Profile
I have a picture on my phone from December 18th last year. I was on Indian catching gills.

toadfish

• View Profile
Grand Lake St Mary's is starting to ice up.  Channels are skimmed over and open lake has some skim ice floating up along the shore this morning.  Some ponds in the area are also skimmed over.  The forecast next week looks pretty good. Time for me to start getting out my gear.  I hope that will not cause the warm weather to return!
Pro ice fisherman, amateur icefishing catcherman.

z400wolverine

• View Profile
Yes getting that itch. Started watching you tube this morning and Red Lake MN has been slamming eyes for about 3 weeks now! Almost makes me want to pack and road trip!

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
 Woke up this morning to all the ponds in my neighborhood froze over completely and making ice! Asking Santa for no wind and cold temps to stay.
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

Vexilar