Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Amazes Me That This Site Is not More Popular

papaperch · 24 · 10283

papaperch

• View Profile
Good site easy to navigate  Good info and Friendly Users. I can't think of any reason why this site is not more popular.

I understand most normal people don't think much about ice fishing during the off season. Even the Ice Shanty chatter slows down. But still busy enough to reflect the number of diehards dedicated to hard water fishing.

Understand that this is a state specific site. Yet there are a lot of diehards in this state.

Will see if I can help improve the volume of traffic by mentioning it to the diehards I know. Personally while I do enjoy boat fishing on open water. Ice fishing will always be my favorite regardless of what time year it is.

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
 Thanks for your support! I am working hard behind the scenes to make this site the best it can be. Keep checking in for new information.  Don't know which area of the state you call home but I'm working to get some events going here in the north east! Stay tuned
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
I appreciate it very much as well!  This is a great site and members like you and Nate are why it is!  Like a big ice fishing family here.  Can’t wait to get on some ice together!  I’m in NE also.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

Tkfurs

• View Profile
This is a great site. For me, I come here often to find out conditions in other parts of the state. Doesn't appear to be many active members from this corner of the state, so I don't know anyone here. I'm not an overly outgoing person, so don't participate, but its good to see the main group here interact.

I don't fish much in Ohio, no real good spots in this area, so most of my ice time is in Michigan so figure the Ohio guys aren't all that interested.

quackpot

• View Profile
Tkfurs what area are you from, maybe we can help you find areas close by.

toadfish

• View Profile
This is a great site with great people and info.  It needs to be marketed better to reach more fishermen. Having the IFO hats and hoodies may help.  Spreading by word of mouth is also very helpful.  Tell all your fishing buddies about this site.
Pro ice fisherman, amateur icefishing catcherman.

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
2x - 3P
We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

Tkfurs

• View Profile
Tkfurs what area are you from, maybe we can help you find areas close by.
[/quote

I'm up in Williams county, (Right in the northwest corner) I know most of all the lakes to fish , there just isn't many here, and those we do have are marginal at best. But, I do have several quality lakes within an hour drive in Michigan and indiana, which is why I go there more than local.

I know there is a guy or two up here that are on the site, just not real active.

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
Hey Tk, I know one good lake your way!  Can't beat lake Erie when it freezes over, maybe we can meet up when that time comes. Hopefully soon. ;D
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

Tkfurs

• View Profile
I'm always open to an Erie trip. I've been ice fishing for 40 years, but only been on the big lake once on the ice and that was 2 years ago.

OhioFisher19

• Global Moderator
  • More Fishin' Less Talkin'
    • View Profile
    • Ohio Outdoors
Great site and I agree with you on what you said. Thanks to all contributing. I am always in the loop for Erie since it's in my backyard. Don't be afraid to ask for info. Facebook has taken over a lot of sites like this IMO
TEAM IFO Pro Staff
CYA On The Water,
Capt. Jonny Fickert
 "Fishing and Fun with Jonny Fickert"

30inthabucket

• Ice fishing calls... I answer
    • View Profile
This site is great for the rare few like me who don't have a Facebook page. I love fishing of all kinds and talking about it. I get all that and very little bs and politics, etc on here like you get on fb. Lots of great guys with great info. Appreciate all the guys that make it happen.

quackpot

• View Profile
Fisher I'm thinking I may have to agree with you. There is not much activity posted here, I guess the people that don't Facebook are going to be left in the dark. I will try anyway I can to keep things going.

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
Reading some of these posts I'm getting confused! We have no intentions of letting IFO fall to the wayside. We love this site and our members. If you have any suggestions on ways we can improve feel free to post them or message me direct. The more people become active in our events the more I will try to make events happen.
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
first   welcome  ,  this site is sweet, it always fizzles out during open water somewhat but its winding up now.  stand by its going to get busy... and we all find our way back here when it ices up..
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

Vexilar