Ice Fish Ohio Forum

anyone...anyone???

wballard77

• PRO STAFF
  • Wes Ballard
    • View Profile
So when is the fishing trip?? I live about 15 minutes from this water.  I would love to get into some perch, bluegill, or walleye there.  I have fishing it for years with minimal success every now and then i will pick 3 or 4 eyes... I would like to go when everyone else trys that way we can see what exactly is goin on under there... haha

Sunday @ 8am is my plan. Catching fish shouldn't be an issue if we can get out to the reef complex near the island. I haven't caught a Perch or White Crappie out of there yet (never fished for) but I know they were stocked in Killdeer like crazy. I have caught Walleyes, SM & LM. Bass, Catfish, Bluegill, Rock Bass.

I also think it would be nice if we could get a few members out and dissect the lake
Ice Fish Ohio Pro Staff

DFree24

• View Profile
Wballard i would like to meet up with you guys Sunday if you don't mind and try to get on some fish I live about 20 min from the revivorey me know what your plans are and if your gonna deffentley go and we can meet up

1977walleyeguy

• View Profile
Were headed up to Michigan on Sat to do some fishing, If i am back, i just might come down and join you all.
Crappies are there, hard to track down and catch. Perch have always, in my opinion been few and far between.....this res isnt what it used to be.

wballard77

• PRO STAFF
  • Wes Ballard
    • View Profile
Were headed up to Michigan on Sat to do some fishing, If i am back, i just might come down and join you all.
Crappies are there, hard to track down and catch. Perch have always, in my opinion been few and far between.....this res isnt what it used to be.

I mostly go after the smallies. but when jig fishing I catch a ton of walleye. in most lakes with Perch you hook a few now and then bass fishing, must be a very small population. I hope to see you Sunday.
Ice Fish Ohio Pro Staff

fishintechnician

• PRO STAFF
  • IFO Prostaff
    • View Profile
I'm going to try and make it on sun, don't have a shanty but i do have a vex.

wballard77

• PRO STAFF
  • Wes Ballard
    • View Profile
I'm going to try and make it on sun, don't have a shanty but i do have a vex.

thats all I had for years! if my buddy dont go you can sit with me. on clear lakes sometimes it helps to hide the sun. If he does show I have a 1 pakshack you could use its small but works.
Ice Fish Ohio Pro Staff

1977walleyeguy

• View Profile
as clear as that res usually is, and as low as it is now, sight fishing should be quiet possible if your in a shanty.

wballard77

• PRO STAFF
  • Wes Ballard
    • View Profile
 :'( I'm not going to be able to make it, my wife's 09' Honda is broke again and they don't give out loaners.
Ice Fish Ohio Pro Staff

fishintechnician

• PRO STAFF
  • IFO Prostaff
    • View Profile
did anyone make it? i hit del (posted under deleware section) on sat but didn't get out sun. When can we plan on going again

wballard77

• PRO STAFF
  • Wes Ballard
    • View Profile
Went out today. caught maybe 30 bluegill, and 7 walleye <--- all small, and 2 smallmouth bass.
had a camera it looks like all of the fish are in one area. and its not the deep area. if you go out you can tell that I made Swiss cheese of the reef areas and the deep hole found them in the saddle area of the 3 reefs 300 ft NW of the island bluegills are in the stump reef area.
Ice Fish Ohio Pro Staff

fishintechnician

• PRO STAFF
  • IFO Prostaff
    • View Profile
when do you plan on getting back out? I would still like to get togehter and see what we can do up there

wballard77

• PRO STAFF
  • Wes Ballard
    • View Profile
when do you plan on getting back out? I would still like to get togehter and see what we can do up there

I might try to get out this sunday or monday
Ice Fish Ohio Pro Staff

fishintechnician

• PRO STAFF
  • IFO Prostaff
    • View Profile
let me know if you are goingsun and I will try and make it up

wballard77

• PRO STAFF
  • Wes Ballard
    • View Profile
let me know if you are goingsun and I will try and make it up

going out friday AM I think
Ice Fish Ohio Pro Staff

fishintechnician

• PRO STAFF
  • IFO Prostaff
    • View Profile
what time are you thinking of going? I would love to come up but I have to be in portsmouth fri afternoon but I may be able to fish in the am

Vexilar