Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Saturday 2-26

Eyewall

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • epicicefishing.com
I got a late start today and fished from 1 to 6. My right leg went thru about 20 yards from shore on the way out. Not the way I wanted to start out the fishing day, wet all the way to my junk. Ice was 10" and good but 305 ramp has bad shore ice. On the way back in I could see where others went in. A few crappies and gills and one 14" eye. I lost 2 others at hole. Blue forage minnow tipped with a minnow head is what triggered the most hits.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 07:44:57 PM by Eyewall »
EPIC ICE FISHING ADVENTURES-
ICEFISHOHIO.COM -
VEXILAR - PK LURES
ICEJUNKIESOUTDOORS.COM - ACE CUSTOM RODS
VULTURE SYSTEMS- VICIOUS FISHING
STRICKER ICE - AQUA VU- NEBULOUS FLOTATION
PRO CURE SCENTS- GRIM OUTDOORS

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
Eyewall I think I may have talked to you at the ramp. I was one of the others that went through the ice. Only went up to just above my waist but it sure was cold. We did ok today. I caught around 40 to 50 gills and a few perch but most were dinks with a dozen being keepers. Fished in 13 to 19 ft. Had a great time fishing with mudpup, snowcone, mitch131 and eye4aneye. It was a great last ice trip. Have to get together more often next year.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 09:51:11 PM by HardWaterJunkie »
Tim Smith (HardWaterJunkie)

Check out www.HalesSinkerSupply.com for all of your fishing sinker needs. Over 15 different types of sinkers and jigs in sizes from 1/100oz. to 4 lb. Make sure to ask about our custom built rods. From ice-fishing to off-shore we build them all. Message me for quotes

Eyewall

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • epicicefishing.com
Tim, I had the orange and black survival suit on. Nice meeting you. I'm heading out in a bit to try it again, one last time.
ICEFISHOHIO.COM -
VEXILAR - PK LURES

Eyewall

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • epicicefishing.com
Tim, I had the orange and black survival suit on. Nice meeting you. I'm heading out in a bit to try it again, one last time.
ICEFISHOHIO.COM -
VEXILAR - PK LURES

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
yeah guys glad we all got together sat to head out for the final ice trip of the season. :-\ had alot of fun fishin with all you ifo krazys...caught some crappies,gills, and lost a nice eye at the hole :P sorry hardwater u got wet but all in all turned out pretty good heh?  ;D  glad this site could get us all together thanx dave... 8) be carefull out there some spots are bad along shore. :o ...hey hardwater i like your idea of the string lights inside ur shanty for light im goin to incorperate that into my shack :D i hope we can all get together again next freeze 8) so guys keep ur blades sharp,ur bait fresh,and most of all the love 4 doin something that most think is the edge of the twilight zone..right 8) stay posted..thanx...
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
I must say it was a great day. I have to give a VERY BIG THANK YOU to Eye4aneye and Snowcone. When I went through ice Eye4aneye drug my super heavy shanty and auger along with his gear all the way out to our spot while Snowcone drove me to walmart to get some dry cloths so I could go back out an fish. They didnt think twice about helping me and for that I owe you guys. You guys are awsome guys and good friends. We will deffenatly be getting out more often next year.

Check out www.HalesSinkerSupply.com for all of your fishing sinker needs. Over 15 different types of sinkers and jigs in sizes from 1/100oz. to 4 lb. Make sure to ask about our custom built rods. From ice-fishing to off-shore we build them all. Message me for quotes

Eyewall

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • epicicefishing.com
I fished Sunday out from the 305 ramp(skirted the bad spots). A few crappies and gills. My buddy caught a nice fat 23" eye on a Kastmaster tipped with a minnow head. What a fun year. I cant wait til next year. I wish I could have met up with you guys, maybe next year.
ICEFISHOHIO.COM -
VEXILAR - PK LURES

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
boy i cant wait untill next year just when the fun got started zam!!!!  but  i learned alot , had alot of fun, have a boat load of new info to use next year...and its because i happened upon this site and meet some new friends, reall bunch of crazy ifo's like me... ;D its not in the end how many fish u get but the adventure of the whole trip..right??? so give a person a fish and they eat for the day but teach a person to fish and the'll help u drill holes for life...he he he he he 8) 8) :P ;D so if u happen to stumble upon this site put it in your favorites and join the frozen band of people who would rather adventure out instead of couch fishing,,,he he he he he he he he ehe he :P  C...YA....
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

Eyewall

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • epicicefishing.com
Where did you guys fish? My buddy and I were North of the bush in the ice in 14' of water.
ICEFISHOHIO.COM -
VEXILAR - PK LURES

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
We were southwest of the bush in 13 to 18 ft. drilled a long line of holes and checked all but were mainly in 14 and 18

Vexilar