Ice Fish Ohio Forum

time to move forward

snowcone · 51 · 27603

OhioFisher19

• Global Moderator
  • More Fishin' Less Talkin'
    • View Profile
    • Ohio Outdoors
If you guys really want to do a group get together you should rent out one of the headboats I work on and I can "first mate" cough cough :)
TEAM IFO Pro Staff
CYA On The Water,
Capt. Jonny Fickert
 "Fishing and Fun with Jonny Fickert"

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
How much would it cost to do that for a day?And how many IFO members could we get on the boat? I really like this idea for a get together as we could get a whole bunch of guys on the same boat. Now the last time I went on a headboat all we caught was a bunch of sheephead. Do you have better spots that produce good fish? lol.
Tim Smith (HardWaterJunkie)

Check out www.HalesSinkerSupply.com for all of your fishing sinker needs. Over 15 different types of sinkers and jigs in sizes from 1/100oz. to 4 lb. Make sure to ask about our custom built rods. From ice-fishing to off-shore we build them all. Message me for quotes

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
I like that idea too.  Where does the boat go out of?  What will we target? 
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
ok now dont leave my old sorry but out of this ok?  you guys keep me in the loop please.... 8)
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
You know that we will keep you in the loop. Just make sure you get the walleye all the way in and dont loose him. ;D

Check out www.HalesSinkerSupply.com for all of your fishing sinker needs. Over 15 different types of sinkers and jigs in sizes from 1/100oz. to 4 lb. Make sure to ask about our custom built rods. From ice-fishing to off-shore we build them all. Message me for quotes

OhioFisher19

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Ohio Outdoors
I could probably get 20 guys for 625 including bait... That was last years price. Defiantly cheaper if it was during the week. I'm sure we could get something worked out if you guys for sure wanted to do it.

The best fishing will be for walleyes in mid/late april or mid june. April will be cold but if the weather cooperates you can have limits with ease. Also the greatness of headboat fishing is we are casting only, so the fishing is "real" IMO.

As for fishing in June it can be good week and horrible the next, if you guys could go on short notice I think you would be much better off but those are defiantly places to start... 

I seriously believe we have the best captains on the lake so do we have better spots, not sure to say that. But captains that work to put you on the fish, we do for sure.

http://www.wecatchfish.com
TEAM IFO Pro Staff
CYA On The Water,
Capt. Jonny Fickert

derbium

• View Profile

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
That sounds great. I see no problem to get 20 people to go. with that price it works out to 32.00 per person. Even with times being tough I think most guys can afford that and im sure most people can carpool to get up there to save money on gas. All we need to do is figure out a date so we can reserve a boat so its just all IFO members and family. I would like to do this in the summer when its nice and warm outside. Even if the fish dont bite well it will be nice to get everyone together since we didnt have any this winter.

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
oh man i am so up for a fishin get together it will be a blast to get together with you guys ...can i use my rods ? and listen if ya loose a big one ya cant cut my shirt tail of in chunks i wouldnt have a shirt left afterwards   hehe...what a great idea. you guys are way cool.....
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

OhioFisher19

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Ohio Outdoors
Alright well sounds good you guys just set me up with the info and I'll see what I can do. I can probably make most of the lures you would use anyways... I will start working here in the next few days so I will ask for recommendations on when we should get this set for. and yes you can use your own rods
TEAM IFO Pro Staff
CYA On The Water,
Capt. Jonny Fickert

Bryan

• View Profile
Count me in!!
Captain Bryan Oetting
Middle Bass Island Ohio
Lake Erie

Otter's island water taxi

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Cool, keep us posted.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

OhioFisher19

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Ohio Outdoors
Can everyone do weekdays?
TEAM IFO Pro Staff
CYA On The Water,
Capt. Jonny Fickert

g

• View Profile
let me know a date & i'm in. doesn't matter if it's a weekday or weekend.

Bryan

• View Profile
Weekdays? HAHAHA!!! You funny!
Starting next month...Monday through Friday my ass belongs to work, then I get a two day pass! LOL!

But....I may get the Walleye fever and have to call in sick! What weekday were you thinking Jonny?
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 11:25:59 AM by Bryan »
Captain Bryan Oetting
Middle Bass Island Ohio
Lake Erie

Otter's island water taxi

Vexilar