Ice Fish Ohio Forum

time to move forward

snowcone · 51 · 27604

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
well friends, we have all waited and hoped and the ice was a bust. :-\ and now its time to move on 8) im storing my ice gear for next year with a heavy sigh, but all is good because of all the swell people here we managed to share alot , make new friends, and learn alot...now the fishing will just get better and because of all the friends i have made here and the things i have learned on this site, all of you have made me a better fisherman.  :) thanx ....the trout are in the rivers, the wallye will soon be and the only problem i will have is deciding on where and when to go ....how about you? since i run all over to fish i hope to have news soon of catches and pics,    im ready  ;D    when the silence of the outdoors is broken with that sound.... FISH ON  .....does it get any better   hehehe
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Couldn't have said it better.  Can't wait to get the boat out and chase big green basses for the next 9 months!  With some musky fishin thrown in.  My wife says I ruin the fishing by making noise when I get a big one.  Says I look and sound like Mike Iaconelli.  :)
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

Bryan

• View Profile
  My wife says I ruin the fishing by making noise when I get a big one.  Says I look and sound like Mike Iaconelli.  :)
HAHAHA!! At the end of last year when I have a perch or walleye on the rod I'd talk like Troy from the show swamp people, "oohh dis is a twee shaker" followed by a "choot it...CHOOT IT!!" after the fish was in the boat!!
Captain Bryan Oetting
Middle Bass Island Ohio
Lake Erie

Otter's island water taxi

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
ha ha ha    hey you guys are a hoot , i can see us in a boat fishin , im sure it would be alot of fun,   we have to give it a try sometime...i would have to wear my vest because im sure i would roll out laughing

Bryan

• View Profile
Well you guys come up to Erie this and we'll chase some perch n walleye!
Captain Bryan Oetting
Middle Bass Island Ohio
Lake Erie

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
thanx i will take u up on it sometime...how bout you slab?

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Love to.  Only bad thing is you'd kick my butt.  Only time I catch a walleye in soft water is by mistake when I'm bass fishing!  But I'd be game.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Bryan

• View Profile
Well lets plan on a fishing trip in a few months!
Captain Bryan Oetting
Middle Bass Island Ohio
Lake Erie

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
keep me posted if you get something going. Id love to get on some perch.
David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
I am interested on going as well. With my new position at work I will have more days off to fish now. I wont be able to do weekdays but I can do weekends in the summertime.
Tim Smith (HardWaterJunkie)

Check out www.HalesSinkerSupply.com for all of your fishing sinker needs. Over 15 different types of sinkers and jigs in sizes from 1/100oz. to 4 lb. Make sure to ask about our custom built rods. From ice-fishing to off-shore we build them all. Message me for quotes

Bryan

• View Profile
keep me posted if you get something going. Id love to get on some perch.
Perch like this one?

Or these? About 80 fish in a few hours from me and a couple friends.

With the two hook perch rigs we use, you can catch two at a time if you're lucky! I caught "dubs" three times last season.
Captain Bryan Oetting
Middle Bass Island Ohio
Lake Erie

Bryan

• View Profile
I am interested on going as well. With my new position at work I will have more days off to fish now. I wont be able to do weekdays but I can do weekends in the summertime.

Well I'm looking at a new boat for this season, it can fish 6-8 people at a time without being over crowded. Plenty of room for a group outing.
If I keep my little Rinker it will be myself and one or two others at a time...tops.
But I try to go out a few weekends a month, so hit me up.
Captain Bryan Oetting
Middle Bass Island Ohio
Lake Erie

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Sounds good.  Sundays are best for me.  Going to be busy thru mid-May with a fishing vacation and starting the Great Lakes Largemouth Series.  I'm loving it, but it's a little more work than I thought.   ;D

Team Wilcraft!

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply

Well I'm looking at a new boat for this season, it can fish 6-8 people at a time without being over crowded. Plenty of room for a group outing.
If I keep my little Rinker it will be myself and one or two others at a time...tops.
But I try to go out a few weekends a month, so hit me up.

Thank you for the offer and I will take you up on it sometime this summer. I am always wanting to get up to the big lake. Everytime I go up there it is always for walleye but for the last few years I have been craving some lake erie jumbo perch.
Tim Smith (HardWaterJunkie)

Check out www.HalesSinkerSupply.com for all of your fishing sinker needs. Over 15 different types of sinkers and jigs in sizes from 1/100oz. to 4 lb. Make sure to ask about our custom built rods. From ice-fishing to off-shore we build them all. Message me for quotes

g

• View Profile
let me know when it's going to take place.i keep a boat in marblehead & can take 4 or 5 guys perch fishing with me. hoping to get out in march or early april to get the jumbos in closer to shore. through early to mid may can always jig eyes in the morning then perch in the afternoon - just a athought.

Vexilar