• Ohio Outdoors
Got my limit today in 2hrs
TEAM IFO Pro Staff
CYA On The Water,
Capt. Jonny Fickert
 "Fishing and Fun with Jonny Fickert"

jmsteele187

• View Profile
Could any of you guys, that have been fishing the maumee for years, help me to understand what I'm feeling for when a walleye strikes?

OhioFisher19

• Global Moderator
  • More Fishin' Less Talkin'
    • View Profile
    • Ohio Outdoors
I haven't been fishing it for years but personally believe the majority do not bite. I think they are "lined". That is what makes the floater work so well and long leaders always do good. The fish are swimming along and the line just leads them to be hooked in the outside in near the mouth, legal yes, but do they really bite, I don't think so... Just my opinion. But I think the main thing you need to know is to reel a little bit and don't just let your line roll down stream. When you keep it taught you can feel the fish on your line. I will say some fish bite and you can really feel it and you will catch some.
TEAM IFO Pro Staff
CYA On The Water,
Capt. Jonny Fickert

1BigIcehole

• View Profile
The run has been amazing last week to now. Lots of limits coming out, I limited 3 out of five days.
A lot of trash fish moved in quick with the warm water, did some moving around island until I found a good area with less suckers.
Tried Orleans side and just didn't seem to have the same bIte going, moved back to island and slayed them.
Good luck to all it only gets better from here.
JM be patient you will start to get the feel for the fish.
We do need another good heavy rain to bring up water level to push another wave of fish in.

OhioFisher19

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Ohio Outdoors
Anyone fishing this afternoon?
TEAM IFO Pro Staff
CYA On The Water,
Capt. Jonny Fickert

jmsteele187

• View Profile
Is anyone headed to the maumee tomorrow? I'm going to try and get out in the afternoon.

jmsteele187

• View Profile
I did end up going out Sunday evening. I came back with a small 5lb. female. Me and about 15 other guys all thought it was a good size jack. I found out different when I filleted it.

I'll be headed out again on Sunday morning. My brother is coming down from Michigan. If anyone is headed this way send me a message, and maybe we can meet up. We have a fresh run of fish and the action should be pretty good this weekend.

OhioFisher19

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Ohio Outdoors
I'm going these next couple afternoons
TEAM IFO Pro Staff
CYA On The Water,
Capt. Jonny Fickert

OhioFisher19

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Ohio Outdoors
Jmsteele if your going to be around I am going tonight hopin to get there around 4 if I can get someone to go with me
Give me a shout 419-707-2487
TEAM IFO Pro Staff
CYA On The Water,
Capt. Jonny Fickert

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
Sounds like you guys are doing well. I took a new job and havnt had much time on the site. How long will they run?
David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

jmsteele187

• View Profile
The eyes should be running through April. They started a little early this year, but I don't think it will end any earlier.

OhioFisher19,
Sorry I missed you. I wouldn't have been able to meet up with you anyways, though. Right now, it looks like I'll probably only be able to make it out on Sundays. I was out at buttonwood most of the day with my brother. He caught one, and I left empty handed. We saw quite a few fish on stringers. Easter Sunday I'll be out of town, but if you want to give it a shot the following Sunday let me know.

OhioFisher19

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Ohio Outdoors
I ended up catching 6 fish in the last ten min! LOL only 4 legals one on last cast!
TEAM IFO Pro Staff
CYA On The Water,
Capt. Jonny Fickert

Vexilar