IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

skunkedagain

• View Profile
Alot of members refer to the "c5" and "c6" in reference to fishing spots. I remember an old map of this lake that had these numbers on it, however that was 30 years ago. Do you know ramps these numbers corespond to on a new ODNR map?

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
The C-6 is the ramp on Christman Rd. by Killinger Rd. I cant remember off hand which lot is the C-5. Ill remember and let you know.
Tim Smith (HardWaterJunkie)

Check out www.HalesSinkerSupply.com for all of your fishing sinker needs. Over 15 different types of sinkers and jigs in sizes from 1/100oz. to 4 lb. Make sure to ask about our custom built rods. From ice-fishing to off-shore we build them all. Message me for quotes

skunkedagain

• View Profile
Thanks. I was talking to a guy on the lake yesterday an he told me that "c5" is the campground. Between you and him I"ll be able to piece it all together.

MDBuckeye

• View Profile
I've never been up to this lake but the contour maps have me very interested.  There looks to be some nice looking humps all over the lake that would hold fish.

Good luck to you guys.

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Nimmy is a near pristine lake with virtually no shoreline development whatsoever.  It's a very clean lake in both water quality and shoreline views.

It's the highest elevated lake in the Portage Lakes Chain. (Nimmy, North, East, West,Turkeyfoot, Long and Hower).

We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
yeah its a nice lake , with good fish,....and it has a lot of structure, deep spots, stumps, weed beds,  8) shoreline 16 miles, max depth 30 ft, built in 1936-1937, dnr started stocking eyes in 1999, instead of saugeye. electric motors only...
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

ADAD1640

• View Profile
just printed out map--is c5 the ramp south of Nimisila rd and south of the campground insignia?   and the bay they are talking about is north of the big green P sign?? 

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
C-5 is not a ramp. It's the parking area on Christman road north of the first ramp, but south of the campground. The bay everyone refers to as c-5 is just north of that parking lot and on the opposite side of the road where the guard rail is. Sometimes guys call this bluegill bay.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

ADAD1640

• View Profile
ok got it--thanks---anyone doing any good so far and any new reports on ice--i like 4 plus of clear--

Rumi

• Bucket Brigade Infantry
    • View Profile
    • OhioGameFishing
Dave, your map link at the top is buggered. It doesn't take you to the map, it just takes you to a general ice fishing page.  ;)
Love that sound of ice cracking at dawn!

FishLaughAtMe

• View Profile
Hopefully those perch got bigger, caught a lot of them but 5 and 6 inch perch don’t cut it.

Vexilar