Ice Fish Ohio Forum

just when it was getting good ........

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Just got the snow off the ice and a good frozen surface, now we get Wednesday!  Pulled the shanty all over Nimi today, so easy!  Now we've got 8-12" of snow coming for canton area. Hope they're wrong!!  If not, get the shanty skis out!!  Snow sucks! 
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
I hear that slab ,when you get all your gear loaded up its like pulling a car with the wheels off
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
I agree on the hard pullin , so im going to change out my skis on my sled from the narrow ones to the wide ones,  ;D  hopefully that will help my trek on the snow ... :P I will drag it around nimi sat and if it helps I ll let ya know  8) 
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

handymanjeff

• Global Moderator
  • Ice Fishing...The ONLY way we'll walk on water!
    • View Profile
Same crap for NW Ohio. Another 6 to 10 coming tomorrow into Wednesday, only problem is that snow, sleet & rain on Saturday didn't clear the stuff off the ice. Now we have 5 inches of crusted slush with more snow coming on top. A royal pain to pull the shanty on, (Clam Nanook) too deep for 4x4 atv and no snowmobile.  Should have kept the snowmobile,  but not enough snow the last few years to ride w/o heading up north :-[
Jeff Gunn

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
FishStyx Custom Rods
Vexilar
Open Water Wear
Grandpa Bob's Custom Jigs
Rajus
Ardent Reels
Eurotackle
Grund-L Custom Lures
Zeko Shoes
Liquid Mayhem

swedish nipple

• just like fishining out of a barrell
    • View Profile
I put more modern wide skis on my sled and let me tell you technology is a wonderful thing. Rides higher and pulls much easier. I bought them at a thrift shop for 25 bucks. Might seem like a lot for a ice fishing sled but after pulling it on 8" of snow I would've paid 65 for them. Switch out your thin ones for wider more modern skis snow cone. I promise you will not be disappointed. Also when your at the thrift store pick up an old iron. Then use it to wax the bottoms of your skis. Candle wax will work but some stuff called swix is much better. You can get it at dicks or any ski store. Cost about 10 bucks a bar. But will last an ice fisherman for 100 years give or take..
Spencer Lake, Wellington, Willard, Chippewa, Oberlin

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
that's a good idea on the wax thanx, and the thin skis are definitely getting changed , I have several kinds I got at thrift shops during the summer.. rock on my friends  goin 2 nimi sat and drag it around hehehe ;D ;D ;D

jaybird62

• PRO STAFF
  • another great day
    • View Profile
went up to michigan last weekend and trudged through 12+ inches of snow. was a real bear getting around. and only caught 8 fish for our efforts   i believe i passed my stress test
be safe, it aint no fun if you dont live to lie about it
IFO prostaff
NAFC life member

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
im thinkin of 3 cheerleaders and a husky   hehehehh

swedish nipple

• just like fishining out of a barrell
    • View Profile
Forgot to mention. Don't use your wife's iron to wax the skis make sure you buy a junk one from the thrift store. Don't ask how I know this.
Spencer Lake, Wellington, Willard, Chippewa, Oberlin

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
ok on the iron, ill use my girlfriends,,   heheheh ;D   and tell you what I think I passed my stress test drilling all those holes sat... :P

Luvztaphish

• Please help keep our waterways clean .
    • View Profile
 ;D was it drillin the holes or the squeezing those catfish through them there holes ?  ;D

64toby

• View Profile
MCSports used to sell a wax that was in a bottle like shoe polish for your skis .You just put it on with the applicator let it dry and hit the slope. It would be great for our sleds . And the wife would not be missing her iron .

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
hahaah   oh man I should use the wax on the catfish 2 get them thru the hole   eh? ;D

snag

• View Profile
As luck would have it, I just replaced my shanty skis last week....finding them at thrift shops was a challenge.....I found mine at the thrift store that used to be the old Hartville Hardware.  They had about a dozen sets.

Vexilar