Ice Fish Ohio Forum

IFO NE OHIO PANFISH SERIES ON ICE--it's official!

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
It's official!  The panfish series will happen!  I spoke with the proper people this morning and got approval for 3 events. They will be at Nimisila, West Branch, and Mogadore. The 3 series events will take place in January and early February. If the ice is bad I already have approval to change dates without having to go thru the permit process all over again. Dates and rules will be posted soon. Keep tuned to this thread for more updates and rules. We'll have coffee and donuts at check in.  Prizes will be given away at weigh in also. These will be determined based on sponsor participation. Thanks for everyone's interest in the series!  It should be fun!

The Mosquito event will not be a championship and will not be connected to the panfish series due to the fact it is tentatively scheduled for Jan 11. But rather we will do a cumulative points championship based on finishing position at each tournament with bonus points given for big fish at each event. IFO will give 2 Jason Mitchell panfish rod/reel combos to the points winner.  The champion will also receive other prizes from sponsors to be decided later.

There will also be drawings at each event for prize giveaways too.  We're working on landing more sponsorships and prizes to give away both for the championship and the 3 individual tournaments.

TENTATIVE DATES:
MOGADORE: JAN 4, 2015
NIMISILA: JAN 18, 2015
WEST BRANCH: FEB 8, 2015
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 06:07:14 PM by slabslayer »
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
UPDATE: Marks Bait and tackle is on board. They will have prizes to give away as well as hot dogs and snacks for the final championship weigh in for the last tournament on Feb 8.

Also Mark has put up as a prize a trip for the 3 different event winning teams a fishing trip to a private stocked lake in Ravenna that has unbelievable fishing for both panfish and walleye!
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
Great work with this event slab especially behind the scenes when most of us are not thinking about the ice season ahead. Thanks a million!! And thanks to mark for  jumping on board. Let me know if i can be of assisstance.
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Absolutely!   We talked about it last year, and I should've checked first before assuming, but I was hoping we could do it together. I'll need an assistant director with check in and weigh in and was hoping you would be available!  I don't mind organizing the series, I love ice fishing and am happy to do it!  I just hope for a good season and that everyone enjoys the series.

Team Wilcraft!

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
Im definately available to help,just let me know,im sure more details will be available as cold weather gets closer ;D
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Awesome!  Thanks. I'll keep you posted as things progress.

Team Wilcraft!

wis2ohio

• View Profile
Looks like I will need 2 days of vacation but it will be worth it in the end.

Fish2Win

• View Profile
This sounds great!!! Is it a team or individual event?
Thanks slab

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
It will be a team event, but you have the option of fishing by yourself if you want to.

Team Wilcraft!

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Dont know if I'll be a contestant, but atleast count me in to help out....setting up or running the events.

We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Sounds good!  I'll keep you posted. I hope to have the details ironed out on the dates soon!

Team Wilcraft!

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
It's in the works. Looks like Mosquito will be IN the panfish series now. More details will soon come. Nate and I week get everything finalized and will post what's up.  Thanks and looking forward to it!

Team Wilcraft!

LeeinOH

• Niles McKinley #794
    • View Profile

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
great job slab, should be interesting to see the fish caught.  now I don't fish west branch so I will be handicapped.
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

freakofnature13

• View Profile
Sounds like a great time and something to look forward to. I havent fished either of those lakes through the ice but thats what makes it fun, fishing new water. Joel keep in touch if u still have my number, I can try and help as much as possible as well

Vexilar