Ice Fish Ohio Forum

wHAT DO YOU FISH FOR?

ice phisher

• View Profile
Since I first got into ice fishing in 1959......Your basic pan-fish were what I enjoyed catchin and most of all, eating. Crappies/Gills/and perch all seem to be at their peak of tastyness at this time of the year. So I still mainly fish the same basic ticket. I manage to toss in... Bass/Trout/ large red-ears/ channel cats/and walleyes also..... I have some smaller private lakes, that offer a real variety of fishing opportunity in relation to species.........Mostly.... my trips are buddy orientied, as to where we are headed and whats there to be caught....Don't fish much by myself these days....and given the choice.....still choose companionship over solitude...as I enjoy others also doing their share of catchin....safe fishing to all...jON sR.
Ice Phisher,

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com

fishintechnician

• PRO STAFF
  • IFO Prostaff
    • View Profile

Hoss5355

• View Profile
Normally panfish, but am anxious to learn to fish for Eyes through the ice.  Also one of my long time goals will be to get a Muskie out of Salt Fork or Peidmont through the ice.  Not only are they a hard fish to catch, but those lakes are difficult to fish in the winter due to ice conditions, at least as of late.

crv423

• Global Moderator
  • Catching is only half the fun!
    • View Profile
when i was younger my grandad and i caught several muskies on tipups out of salt fork, i'm thinking of heading down this weekend, have u heard of ic conditons.
Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Alum Creek, Buckeye lake guide

Vexilar