Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Amazes Me That This Site Is not More Popular

papaperch · 24 · 10266

Saw guy

• View Profile
first   welcome  ,  this site is sweet, it always fizzles out during open water somewhat but its winding up now.  stand by its going to get busy... and we all find our way back here when it ices up..

I couldn't agree more. Season is a few months, but during those months, there is a bit of activity on this site. Last year was a down year on the local ice, but I don't think that there are bigger enthusiasts than the people that are on this site when the ice is on. Maybe you could make it to a dock tournament at Alum Creek before the ice forms.

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
we'll see...Come On Cold Temps!
We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

g

• View Profile
This is a great site for ice fishing. Not so much during soft water season but a great site for ice fishing. Love it that most lakes are listed individually so it is easy to check what lakes you like. A lot of great info on what baits are working and what areas to fish. Glad to be a part of IFO, have made many great friends from the site.

AtticaFish

• View Profile
    • JigCraft.com
I will admit, i am one who shows up here once it starts looking like the ice will give us a chance.  I am in the NW as well and do not have a lot of options other than small city reservoirs close to home.  Most everything else is over an hour away.  Not a lot of ice fishing activity in this area either unless you are heading up to East Harbor or Whites Landing.  I think i am the only one to cut holes in my hometown reservoir most years.  Lets hope we get a good season!

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
well atticafish   sometimes small is good   .  but you have a great fishery up there in good ole erie land..  lol
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

AtticaFish

• View Profile
    • JigCraft.com
I am not quite as far up as you Tkfurs,  Hometown is Attica, but get around the counties around me as well.  Regularly fish Resthaven, Bellevue, Clyde, Green Springs, Bucyrus, New Washington, Willard, and anything in between.  Fish a couple places up in West Harbor off the docks when the ice is still iffy as well. 

g

• View Profile
Do you have any luck fishing Bucyrus Atticafish? Have been wanting to try there but haven't had the ice or the chance to do it.

AtticaFish

• View Profile
    • JigCraft.com
G - I've only fished the big one through the ice a couple times, but did get a few perch there.  Too bad they were all about 6".  Has to be bigger ones in there though.  Used to fish Riley during open water fairly often and always caught some nice bluegill with decent crappie there.

Vexilar